Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceCT

E46 Stage 1 Mods

Peter from Superchips comes to you....Mention Sam from Next Car ltd. and he will look after you $$ wise.

He ends up remapping 70% of the Euro Cars i sell.... 0272 757 574

Hi made contact and got a good price, i am just wondering how is it possible for someone to come to your place and do the mods, while other places do it at the shop and do the dyno?

That might be why the pricing is almost double to take it to a shop

The mobile guys just plug a laptop into your car and change the software.

Whereas the shop puts on a dyno and performs a remap and prints out the bhp change.

Edited by Greg.

The mobile guys just plug a laptop into your car and change the software.

Whereas the shop puts on a dyno and performs a remap and prints out the bhp change.

Is the end results the same?

Dunno, I would think a remap would be better bang for buck plus you will have a before and after dyno result, with the software upgrade you could only guess how much you have gained.

Dunno, I would think a remap would be better bang for buck plus you will have a before and after dyno result, with the software upgrade you could only guess how much you have gained.

Thanks Greg, my thoughts are the same. as i am a visual type of person, need to see the physical change and i believe that paying the extra $$ will give me this piece of mind

No.

One is a generic remap that was created in Europe on a 330ci likely 10 years ago on newer car possibly running a different grade of fuel, it will be compromised to make it more generic.

The other is a custom map tuned in real time on your car on a dyno on NZ pump gas and is specific to your car.

Compare a chain store off the shelf economical suit vs a custom tailored suit made to fit you.. you can see where the money has been spent.

Is there anyone in Christchurch or South Island, who tunes original BMW ECUs?

I suspect NZEFI can/do but don't know for sure.

Is there anyone in Christchurch or South Island, who tunes original BMW ECUs?

Yes, Autopassion - Basil Audeau - does a great job.....

Yes, Autopassion - Basil Audeau - does a great job.....

Has anyone here used them to tune their BMW computers? Any proven gains?

anyone in welly's?

just don't have the time to drive up to auck

No.

One is a generic remap that was created in Europe on a 330ci likely 10 years ago on newer car possibly running a different grade of fuel, it will be compromised to make it more generic.

The other is a custom map tuned in real time on your car on a dyno on NZ pump gas and is specific to your car.

Compare a chain store off the shelf economical suit vs a custom tailored suit made to fit you.. you can see where the money has been spent.

best explanation yet!

Going fast requires fuel and the OEM map is compromised for a reason, driverarability and fuel economy. Generic map companies may say they will (can) increase power and economy but both claims are often a placebo. I know if I paid someone money to come around and load a generic map on my car I would want to tell myself my car was faster and more fuel efficient, have done it before... then ran the car on a dyno and it had next to no more power than OEM.

Edited by apex

Now we cant all have a M3 like you christian :-)

Sure you can. It'd be around the same $ as yours?

You may not be tempted to spend even more money modifying it that way either .... ;)

Edited: Removed pidgeon English.

Edited by CSET

Sure you can. It'd be around the same $ as yours?

You may not be tempted to spend even more money modifying it that way either .... ;)

Edited: Removed pidgeon English.

Would love the M3 mostly high in KM's and price is high, remembr got min for 11k with waranty drive away, and only 60kms so not sure if its worth the jump yet, maybe hold onto mne for a couple and tradein?

Would love the M3 mostly high in KM's and price is high, remembr got min for 11k with waranty drive away, and only 60kms so not sure if its worth the jump yet, maybe hold onto mne for a couple and tradein?

Just read this after posting yet another link to an M3 4-dr on one of your other posts.

Fair play, there's a heap you can do to the 330i - just get in touch with the right people from your other posts and work out your budget etc.

Live re-mapp! Torque, HP, throttle response, linear power curve, fuel enconomy all in one.

Best bang for buck modd you can apply.

Live re-mapp! Torque, HP, throttle response, linear power curve, fuel enconomy all in one.

Best bang for buck modd you can apply.

Did you have it done? if yes where and what was your HP result or change?