Sign in to follow this  
mjh

F10 M5

Well - finally purchased a F10 M5 yesterday. It's a UK import, done 2,200 Km, black on black with a few options. It was put through Turners auctions in Wellington on Friday as a repo from Mercedes Finance. I think the car was a company car for a certain Asset Management company from Wellington that has just folded and been in the news a great deal.

I'm quite excited about getting it home to Napier on Monday. I've still got a new RS4 coming as well in Jan for the wife in black with black optics so the 2 cars should look good side by side.

If anyone knows of a buyer for a 2011 F10 535d M Sport then let me know as having 2 F10's is lunacy.

Cheers

Congrats Matt, the M535d must be a nice unit all the same, would love a drive of the M550d...

With having 2200kms did the director of the comany not know something was up cash wise when he purchased lol? What was the company on the news???

Shakes head!

Pictures are a must once it arrives.

Congrats Matt, the M535d must be a nice unit all the same, would love a drive of the M550d...

With having 2200kms did the director of the comany not know something was up cash wise when he purchased lol? What was the company on the news???

Shakes head!

Pictures are a must once it arrives.

Ross Asset Management - suspected Ponzi scheme!!!

Well - finally purchased a F10 M5 yesterday. It's a UK import, done 2,200 Km, black on black with a few options. It was put through Turners auctions in Wellington on Friday as a repo from Mercedes Finance. I think the car was a company car for a certain Asset Management company from Wellington that has just folded and been in the news a great deal.

I'm quite excited about getting it home to Napier on Monday. I've still got a new RS4 coming as well in Jan for the wife in black with black optics so the 2 cars should look good side by side.

If anyone knows of a buyer for a 2011 F10 535d M Sport then let me know as having 2 F10's is lunacy.

Cheers

i would take a wild guess that this is it? Nice spec,they are sports seats i Think?

Edited by kiwi535

i would take a wild guess that this is it? Nice spec,they are sports seats i Think?

I immediately suspected that was the car, god damned that's nice. Like the wheels.

Do you think it's a good idea to be posting on here as if you're the BMWNZ spokesperson?

Why not? I'd say he's most qualified to comment within this context, and I didn't spot any commercially sensitive information in there.

And beautiful car, mjh! Look's like it's pickup today; although I don't expect you to be on Bimmersport I'd love to hear a 'first impression' when you get the chance.

Do you think it's a good idea to be posting on here as if you're the BMWNZ spokesperson?

Missed this one first time around.

Sorry if this seems to be coming as a BMW NZ statement that is not how it is intended. Disclaimer: the views given in this thread are those of the individual and do not represent those of BMW NZ in any way shape or form.

I am comfortable with what I post, and am well aware of our corporate policies around Social Media and err on the side of safety. What is difficult is when I see statements that are either factually incorrect or biased and I feel the need to respond.

This is a big topic for the whole of the vehicle industry in NZ and something I am involved with on a daily basis. Unfortunately there are still a lot of people out there who are not 100% mostly around imports. There are some interesting cases coming in front of the Commerce Commission as people are still being burned and I also wanted to sound a word of warning as I would hate for it to happen to anyone from Bimmersport where I didn't say anything.

Well done MJH, nice bloody cars!

Missed this one first time around.

Sorry if this seems to be coming as a BMW NZ statement that is not how it is intended. Disclaimer: the views given in this thread are those of the individual and do not represent those of BMW NZ in any way shape or form.

I am comfortable with what I post, and am well aware of our corporate policies around Social Media and err on the side of safety. What is difficult is when I see statements that are either factually incorrect or biased and I feel the need to respond.

This is a big topic for the whole of the vehicle industry in NZ and something I am involved with on a daily basis. Unfortunately there are still a lot of people out there who are not 100% mostly around imports. There are some interesting cases coming in front of the Commerce Commission as people are still being burned and I also wanted to sound a word of warning as I would hate for it to happen to anyone from Bimmersport where I didn't say anything.

I only ask because we've had to deal with it a couple of times here where people open their mouths when they should have and deliver an opinion rather than the company position. It was limited to inside our industry but it really f*cks me off when we have when we have to clean up afterwards. :angry:

*off topic alert*

Yep! Let's hear more about the M5 than the possibly erroneous opinions of BMW employees!

wouldnt mind a few words about the 535d too actually!

Hear hear... If I had $99K in wallet....

The car arrived at 6pm today, so after the kids went to bed I went for a brief spin. The on-road performance is amazing. It will get to double the speed limit very very quickly. As its on normal tyres I find it a lot more comfortable than the 535d (on run flats).

When I purchased it last week I thought I might throw it on Trade Me and see if I could bank a quick profit and keep the diesel. One half hour drive in the country has sorted that idea out and I think it will be the one to keep.

I found out more info on the car today. It was sold mid year through Armstrongs in WGTN. The original ask price was 200k. The first service at about 1000km was at Jeff Grays in WGTN.

It has a few options the NZ cars don't have as standard but misses out on the roller blinds, TV and 6 disc DVD player.

Overall first impressions are that it is a great and very capable car. It is a thousand times better than the old M5!

Will post some pictures at some stage.

Matt

Edited by mjh

Another one for the new garage.

As its on normal tyres I find it a lot more comfortable than the 535d (on run flats).

Matt

has it got a full size spare?

has it got a full size spare?

Air compressor and gunk.

When I purchased it last week I thought I might throw it on Trade Me and see if I could bank a quick profit and keep the diesel. One half hour drive in the country has sorted that idea out and I think it will be the one to keep.

Many of the big car reviewers rate the 535d as "pretty much perfect" - words from JC - if you want more power from it, get it remapped!

In the looks department that 535d is probably the best looking sedan money can buy at the moment IMO.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Best looking, well looks are subjective, I like the 5 but not for its looks, I rate it on ability and for that it is awesome but to say it is the best looking is a big call.

IMHO there are some great sedan designs floating around at the moment, the Jags look awesome, the Quattroporte is still up there especially with its new look, the current A6 looks more cohesive, hell take the badges off and I guaranty most people would rate the Kia Optima as one of the best.

My favourite looking modern sedan is Tesla Model S, that thing is absolutely beautiful thanks to low lines and a good designer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like a cross between a Jag & Peugeot, nice car but not for me if I had to choose across that class personally.

Many of the big car reviewers rate the 535d as "pretty much perfect" - words from JC - if you want more power from it, get it remapped!

In the looks department that 535d is probably the best looking sedan money can buy at the moment IMO.

he is talking about the M5,not the 535d

A full day of ownership and WOW - what a great toy.

It has serious grunt that is so usable. The old V10 M5 had to have its neck wrung out to get serious performance. This new M5 has raw grunt everywhere in the rev range. At one stage I went to pass 3 cars doing about 80km/h. I planted boot and pulled out - the tail "wagged" a bit. Great fun......

Cheers.