Sign in to follow this  
stlpmp

M50b20 into m3 swap fail

The good news is the 323i did leave the factory as an M-Sport car, with the 337 M-sport pack built on it. This would by why it has the M door trims, etc. they weren't added. It would have had a 2.5ltr detuned M52 in it, the previous owner may have got a bit confused about the M-Power engine?? Again, this is still a pretty good specced car, for an E36.

With the E34, it left the factory as a 520i. Whilst Schnitzer are a post-production "tuner" and add their bits on outside of BMW, I believe that they would tend to start with a fairly potent model, ie 540i and add their parts onto that, so it's unlikely they would have started with a 2.0ltr to build on. Plus it looks like it was a car that went to Japan where they have a fondness for sticking Alpina / AC Scnitzer / Hartge / Racing Dynamics badges on anything with four wheels.

End of the day, bog stock standard 323.

thanks to the people who answered my questions you have been alot of help and as for the stupid question above this i now have a mspec e36 running for $400 bucks its got a full black leather interior and a lsd also has race suspension and alot of aftermarket hoodickies on it too, iv also got manual gear to go in it so officialy i think i have the cheapest mspec e36 car in new zealand so that is why i have done it plans r to put 328 engine on the manual box which is on a friends garage floor doing nothing and will only cost me a further $400 an throw it in once i have blown this $150 m50b20 and gearbox up. Also stock standard means nothing to me when ive got a set of $10 ac snitzer series 1s 17z to throw on it to top it off jelousy much or wat???

Edited by stlpmp

az for the e34 well thats kind of sux but with the stock m50b20 in it i kind of thought it mightve been just a bodykit

The good news is the 323i did leave the factory as an M-Sport car, with the 337 M-sport pack built on it. This would by why it has the M door trims, etc. they weren't added. It would have had a 2.5ltr detuned M52 in it, the previous owner may have got a bit confused about the M-Power engine?? Again, this is still a pretty good specced car, for an E36.

With the E34, it left the factory as a 520i. Whilst Schnitzer are a post-production "tuner" and add their bits on outside of BMW, I believe that they would tend to start with a fairly potent model, ie 540i and add their parts onto that, so it's unlikely they would have started with a 2.0ltr to build on. Plus it looks like it was a car that went to Japan where they have a fondness for sticking Alpina / AC Scnitzer / Hartge / Racing Dynamics badges on anything with four wheels.

the 520i is missing a LOT of parts that the 525i and above have, so i would definitely agree with you on this.

the 520i is missing a LOT of parts that the 525i and above have, so i would definitely agree with you on this.

Yea thought that might have been the case with the 520 should i add my flatmate got this for $250 as well. However with the M-sport e36 i am happy to say it has a sunroof :D and loved the sound it made running straight of the extractors well behind the end of the gearbox when i first got it started last night.

Thanks

EDITED: Please no promotion of third-party websites or companies without express permission from site admin.

Edited by _Mark_

Yea thought that might have been the case with the 520 should i add my flatmate got this for $250 as well. However with the M-sport e36 i am happy to say it has a sunroof :D and loved the sound it made running straight of the extractors well behind the end of the gearbox when i first got it started last night.

Thanks

EDITED: Please no promotion of third-party websites or companies without express permission from site admin.

Oh sorry who do i talk to about that?

Oh sorry who do i talk to about that?

B R A V O, Hybrid could help you there...

This is truly awesome, how did I miss this?

Kiakaha bro well done!