Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

International shipping - 'Airport only shipping'?

Anyone have experience with this, Buying some stuff from the U.S and they have told me they only offer "to your country international airport only"

Does that mean I have to organize shipping from the airport, or if its Wellington airport do I just collect from there somewhere?

Dafaq is this .... :blink:

You will have to go to the designated airport and get the goods through customs and pay any duty imposed on the goods. Unless you use and pay for an agent to do it for you.

Edited by *Glenn*

Basically ... avoid as you have to pay handling 'fees' too, which ironically you also pay tax on.

Ship with a known reliable carrier such as UPS/USPS/FedEx or DHL. What seem like more in shipping charges is totally worth it when comes to NZ customs. You dont want to ever get caught up in their system. You never get out.

Mint, Thats exactly what I need. Will avoid Airport shipping then !

haha just sent you a pm with all the details about kiwi shipping. You will just have to sign up for an importers number which is easy as. all info is in the pm.

If the items are smaller I'd just nzpost ship from usa service. Signup via the nzpost site. Charges are $15 handling fee and postage based on weight. The service is well priced.

Visit My Website

Edited by Neal

Customs busted me with a $100 bill when I imported an M50 Front sump setup :(

OT, have I missed it somewhere, or does no one know what your upto now? m20b27 turbo-e30m50- what now??? lol

Yeah I've been hit by GST through customs a few times, once or twice I've had stuff slip under.. But wheels won't :(

OT, have I missed it somewhere, or does no one know what your upto now? m20b27 turbo-e30m50- what now??? lol

Haha nothing great this time around, I haven't had a car since I sold my e30m50 last year. Only recently acquired myself another e30, no big plans for it this time around :)

Edited by e30ftw

Yeah I've been hit by GST through customs a few times, once or twice I've had stuff slip under.. But wheels won't :(

Haha nothing great this time around, I haven't had a car since I sold my e30m50 last year. Only recently acquired myself another e30, no big plans for it this time around :)

I might bookmark this post. could be usefull to copy and paste at some stage ;)

The actual drop off point, liability for insurance & duties and even who takes it off the truck etc is all defined by the Incoterms. If you are doing this regularly it would pay to brush up on them - a 3 letter acronym can easily make or break your week if you get it wrong....

Sounds like they were quoting CFR or CIF Wellington Airport. You might be better getting a door to door rate from DHL or FEDEX (which is pretty much CIP).

Originally 325USD shipping to an airport, ontop of 120USD insured shipping I already paid, 435USD total to ship... Thats $525 converted to NZ$$$$$, PLUS tax / handling etc once landed..... WOW.. Would probably double what I paid for the damn wheels if I went that way.

Maybe I should just..........???

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Posted Image

JK... This Kiwishipping thing is awesome.

If the items are smaller I'd just nzpost ship from usa service. Signup via the nzpost site. Charges are $15 handling fee and postage based on weight. The service is well priced.

Visit My Website

I had a look at this site recently and BEWARE !!!!

If the goods need to be cleared through Customs, they will do it for you at a cost of $150 per parcel plus the cost of GST and the fees !!!!

http://csc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/569/kw/customs

I then looked at Prezoom instead ....

I had a look at this site recently and BEWARE !!!!

If the goods need to be cleared through Customs, they will do it for you at a cost of $150 per parcel plus the cost of GST and the fees !!!!

http://csc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/569/kw/customs

I then looked at Prezoom instead ....

Must depended on goods and that $400 nzd gst threshold. Brought a Iphone/ipad smart baby monitor for the little one. 190 USD via ebay usa only shipper , rather than $600 NZD locally via apple Istore.

Had no issues and came in around $260 NZ after shipping. Also below NZ GST threshold. Transaction took 14 days door to door.

However , best shipment method so far was car audio gear via ebay / fedex in 6 days including customs clearance.

interesting, ive never been hit with the GST bill on all them europlate orders ive done, they would easily be over $400 just lucky i guess.

I've had stuff come through, Only a couple times I've had to pay on blatantly obvious stuff like GC coilovers...

I went with Kiwishipping, already there awaiting shipping to the wellington depo. Too easy :)