Sign in to follow this  
allan

Project Tim

Hi,

Been slowly chipping away at this over the winter months, thought you might be interested. The dropbox link below will display a powerpoint of the work.

Enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynt1vhsh3nclp3y/Project.pptx

post-1581-1353211661.jpg

Edited by allan

Good stuff! I've always liked the sound of a 325ti manual! Just out of interest would you have been able to get an M54B30 in there?

Nice use of the Dropbox, haha.

I like the idea of your project, I mean I'm not a fan of the compact series (especially the E36 one) but the E46 one holds its own, particularly with the quirky front end and nicer rear compared to the previous model.

Nice use of the Dropbox, haha.

I like the idea of your project, I mean I'm not a fan of the compact series (especially the E36 one) but the E46 one holds its own, particularly with the quirky front end and nicer rear compared to the previous model.

definately agree. There is a 325ti Manual for sale in wellington at the moment on trademe in black. my mates mom has a red one and i really like it. I came very close to buying an AC Schnitzer 318ti one a year or so back, did prepurchase at JKSE and everything, but had a few mechanical issues so decided to walk away

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Hi Tim,

Not sure on the b30 anything is possible feel the b25 will give it enough stick for me though.

Andy

In the time I was researching this I only came across four 325ti for sale three were autos and only one a manual all over priced. don't know what they sell for now.

Andy

In the time I was researching this I only came across four 325ti for sale three were autos and only one a manual all over priced. don't know what they sell for now.

yes thats right, i have a saved search on trade me for them, the black one there now started at 25k and is now at 14k, may have dropped again. a 318ti goes for around 7-9k the 316ti seem to be more like 5-7k. have been a few go through turners as well, but nothing in the last 6 months. the 325ti is the only later model BMW i actually watch the prices on, dont really care for other models. mind you the E60s are starting to grow on me a bit

Andy,

Given any thought to the E90 range and as for the price on things a big variation still in the market. This project so far has not been to bad apart from the purchase price of the two vehicles concerned all other funds have come from the sale of bits from both vehicles.

i dont buy depreciating cars, thats why i havent brought a new car. I could afford an E90 or whatever, I test drove a 335Ci in manual about 4 months ago and they sure are nice. but id rather have higher payments on my house at this stage and get a good financial backing than spend it on a depreciating car.

As for an E46Ti specifically, I am very unlikely to buy one until they are more around the 3-4k mark, id rather put $1500 of new parts into an older car and bring it up to scratch, than spend 8k now on a car that could sh*t itself in 6 months.