Sign in to follow this  
Apex

NZ's best optioned 1M.

Interesting comments regarding the "upgrade" to KW 3's, I think for a road car they are fine, maybe compromised on the trace, as you say raise it up a bit and it may be on par with OEM.

Not sure who makes the M Performance seats on behalf of BMW, it's probably Magna Intier (part of Steyr group) rather than Recaro and at current pricing you'd get just over half of one M Performance seat for that price - but that does include the personal fitting session.

BMW Performance seats are made by Recaro - there's a big recaro sticker on the bottom of it. The seats are actually a standard recaro model called Sportster:

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/produc...-serie-1-3.html

Yes they are Recaro Speedsters, a friend has them in his BMW and they are the same as in my car only his are trimmed slightly nicer to match his back seats, they are factory option on most sports cars, Porsche, Lotus, Ford, VW, Audi to name a few.

There is no custom fitting or any of that malarkey, they are simply Recaro's, same airbags and mounting's as mine and all, its no surprise they are double the price of what other manufacturers charge, everything from BMW is double the price of what other manufacturers charge :lol:

Oh to be wealthy :( . What does he do for a living to afford all those nice cars if you don't mind my asking?

He doesn't own all those cars now I don't think. He usually has about 3 at a time and trades them often when something newer and cooler comes along.

I am told he made his wealth from owning a currency exchange business.

Good on him, I like hearing success stories.

I ask the question what is newer and cooler than a 1M in that price bracket though, seriously, I cant think of anything bar maybe the new Cayman that will be out very soonish and even then you would not buy a first gen base Cayman over a 1M!

I have to agree, its pretty much the most fun you will have.

People can have their AWD turbo cars, I'll take RWD any day.

Agreed, the RS3 for example. No thanks. Have seen two reviews on it now and both showed how fail spec it is.

The new M135i would get my monthly payment, it looks like sh*t but it is way more practical than a coupe.

Thought this was an interesting review, was suprised at how slow the RS3 was, on paper it should rip the Megane, costs twice as much in NZ!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0VJ_tbgtJP...GVoM2RQN0k/edit

Awesome, would love to have a go in it. Was lucky enough to take Dylan around Taupo in his 1M at almost full noise. Would love to be wealthy enough to vtec one around the track and not worry about crashing/blowing it up.

People can have their AWD turbo cars, I'll take RWD any day.

Bang on!

Mugen Civic would be awsome! Late one?

Bang on!

Mugen Civic would be awsome! Late one?

sure is, from memory (last time I saw it was over 6 months ago) it is a 4 door?

$115k seems a bit rich... What was the new list price?

You can buy a 2011 M3 for less!

Why would you want a slow car, compared to this one anyway.

Obviously for someone with a pushbike it may seem that way :P

I think they were around 110-120 new, this one has 25-30k in quality upgrades and seeing they are in such limited numbers I would think it may just be worth asking price to someone.

Can see where you are coming from though, normally you would expect a 15-20k drop in price at 10,000km and one year of age. There are other 1M's for that money on TM, non have a spec sheet like this though!

I think they were around 110-120 new, this one has 25-30k in quality upgrades and seeing they are in such limited numbers I would think it may just be worth asking price to someone.

Can see where you are coming from though, normally you would expect a 15-20k drop in price at 10,000km and one year of age. There are other 1M's for that money on TM, non have a spec sheet like this though!

1M owners in the UK are in some instances getting unsolicited offers for over what they paid.

The CURRENT list price for a 1M is $111,200 Drive Away (includes all ORC). ;) Depending on any optional extras fitted.

Have they go stocks of them Jon? Thought they stopped building them a while back.

Yes, there are still a couple of vehicles in stock in NZ, and a demo I think.

Get in quick - build finished a while back! Speak nicely to you local dealer and get yourself wife a wonderful present for Christmas :D !

Thanks Jon

I think my wife accountant would kill me if I did that, he is still not happy with other cars I brought and I amde a promise not to buy any more cars for three years :lol:

Keen to have a test drive of the M135i when it lands though, think it would make a for a practical family hatchback in a couple of years ;)

Thanks Jon

I think my wife accountant would kill me if I did that, he is still not happy with other cars I brought and I amde a promise not to buy any more cars for three years :lol:

You silly boy! Three years!!! I only promise three months, signed by me and the letter is typed up by my solicitor, witnessed and signed by the wife lol.

Nice cars , but I still cant get my head around seeing lhd 1m's brand new for $43000 usd earlier in the year.

Just while we are off topic, Graham, have you test driven the new Megane RS with 15 (I think) more horseys than the originals and uprated this and adjusted that, only three in the country i am led to believe, we have one and it is neat!

Yes, I am lucky to have quite a good relationship with the NZ importers and they have had a press car for a few months, this one is well "run in"

Posted Image

Are you working on them now? If you ever need any info just send me a PM, we have accumulated quite a bit of practical knowledge on them over the years.. have also learnt not to go by what the sales brochures tell you ;)

Ha yep we are Renault as well as 14 other brands, I was supposed to be in that white one with Racing Ray but alas only just had a baby so didn't see fit to take the day off and go racing.

That was the demo we had for a few days before our black one arrived.

Are you talking about the RS265 that is getting all the great reviews at the moment ?

Love my Clio Sport to death, but would happily upgrade to this :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the RS265 that is getting all the great reviews at the moment ?

Love my Clio Sport to death, but would happily upgrade to this :rolleyes:

Yep.

Which is the Clio that is rear mounted?

Yep.

Which is the Clio that is rear mounted?

Thats the V6 Clio Sport. I have the RS182.