Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

An impulse buy on this black E39 facelift.

It's in immaculate condition, not a mark on the interior or exterior.

now have a BMW e65 735i, BMW E65 745Li & a black E39 2001 BMW 520i which will be used as a new company/daily car. Retiring the 735i as my daily driver, unsure what I will do with this one now. Checkout the pics..

I've purchased these alloys and will put them on next week: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=539477999

post-6674-1355032610.jpg

post-6674-1355032621.jpg

post-6674-1355032629.jpg

post-6674-1355032721.jpg

post-6674-1355032736.jpg

Edited by tobytoblerone

Very mint looking E39.

However I can't help but imagine that if you're going to daily drive it, you're going to miss the performance from the E65s with their more appropriately sized engines...

looks very tidy indeed, +1 on missing the preformance

Very mint looking E39.

However I can't help but imagine that if you're going to daily drive it, you're going to miss the performance from the E65s with their more appropriately sized engines...

I've been driving it since I purchased it on Thursday. I do miss the smooth power delivery of my E65's when I drive this E39... But I purchased the E39 to be used as a comfortable, economical & still stylish daily driver.

It is very very smooth though, I have found that love again that I used to have for the E39 (my very first car was an E39) Checkout my other post on my old E39 here: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=35545

735s aren't rockets due to stupid small engines in big cars. Probably won't be much difference at all. The M54 2.2l aren't bad for what they are.

735s aren't rockets due to stupid small engines in big cars. Probably won't be much difference at all. The M54 2.2l aren't bad for what they are.

The power in the 735i is actually quite surprisingly powerful, similar to the 745i. It is very very powerful compared to the 520i I just purchased. Come drive both my E65's (735 & 735Li) and see for yourself ;) the 735i still packs a serious punch, yeah it's small displacement. But don't forget, the 7 series & especially the engine is a highly tuned precision engineered german masterpiece.

The power in this 520i feels like a 318i haha..

Ha drive a 318 and you'll change ya mind, the M54s are great on mid to high revs.

looks very tidy indeed, +1 on missing the preformance

Haha, the average speed stored in my OBC shows 37kms, in Auckland a Central Auckland commute there is no need for performance.

Hmmm... don't want to burst your bubble, but those wheels look like E60 wheels - they won't go on an E39 - the centrebore on an E39 is bigger :rolleyes: You can have the wheels machined, or fit E60 front wheel hubs (bearings) and possibly the E60 rear drive flanges (have to confirm that yet). But either way probably isn't worth the effort, unless the bearings are poked anyway.

Car looks mint though!

Hmmm... don't want to burst your bubble, but those wheels look like E60 wheels - they won't go on an E39 - the centrebore on an E39 is bigger :rolleyes: You can have the wheels machined, or fit E60 front wheel hubs (bearings) and possibly the E60 rear drive flanges (have to confirm that yet). But either way probably isn't worth the effort, unless the bearings are poked anyway.

Car looks mint though!

I like the alloys and yep they're from an e60. Will have them fitted professionally, cost is irrelevant ;)

Seen them on a few E39's and they look great. Thinking I will get rid of one of my e65s and get an e60

cost is irrelevant..

Wouldn't that be nice....!

Looking forward to seeing how the wheels look

You can have the wheels machined,

Car looks mint though!

For like... $15 per wheel.... Had some done a wee while ago. and two buckles removed for $100 all up.

I've been driving it since I purchased it on Thursday. I do miss the smooth power delivery of my E65's when I drive this E39... But I purchased the E39 to be used as a comfortable, economical & still stylish daily driver.

It is very very smooth though, I have found that love again that I used to have for the E39 (my very first car was an E39) Checkout my other post on my old E39 here: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=35545

it would look much nicer in a black e39!

Everything looks better in a black E39!! (I'm biased)

Seen them on a few E39's and they look great.

Yep, my desktop picture at work is a E39 Touring with those wheels, looks great :)

For like... $15 per wheel.... Had some done a wee while ago. and two buckles removed for $100 all up.

Sweet! Last time I called around, they wanted $50 per wheel or more.

I tempted to do the E60 hub conversion, just for better wheel choice :-)

Hi Toby. Just 3 hours ago I bought a facelift E39, NZ new. Gosh, could have done with one of those wheels you put on TM as, while the wheels on my car are almost mark free, the spare has got more metal missing than present! Real ugly, and one of yours would have graced my spare's space wonderfully. You didn't keep one back by chance, and now don't REALLY want it (LoL). I'm sure you're very short of room with all that Bimmer machinery you have.

Anyway, we should keep in touch. How many kms has yours done? Mine's an 03 with 97km, and by the looks of it, the same NZ spec as yours. I'm keen to do something with the sound though, esp the top audio space where the wood covers over a tape deck (couldn't believe they were still installing tape decks less than 10 years ago. THe standard BMW Business radio head unit doesn't seem anything to write home about either, so maybe it's a case of ripping out both slots and putting in a double unit (I'm so ignorant about these things I don't know what you call the double sized ones).

I am a little surprised, too, with how soft the front end feels. Some 'gentleman's cruiser' feel to it lurking down in there somewhere? Do you know much about alternatives for shocks for these? While I figure that after even 97,000 (obviously extremely careful) kms, shocks might still have a bit to give, 10 years seems a lot to ask of them.

Cheers