Sign in to follow this  
lightshine

Just me or did the price of e30 320i's more than double overnight

Depends, Are people actually buying them at 4.5K, or are some sellers just dreaming..

Just lots of dreamers loking for early xmas pressies I reckon.

advertised price is one thing, whether they get it is another story.

I know advertised price doesn't mean a sale. But the constant asking of about 4.5 k makes me think they are on the rise. Maybe the constant asking of this price is causing the price to rise, if that makes any sense.

ok i just had a better look at the expired trademe listings and maybe the price increase isnt as much as i thought, i think maybe they are on the increase though towards 3k, how much do you think i mint tidy e30 is worth aside from the 'whatever someone is willing to pay' argument?

It was this sale that got me wondering

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=537217541

Edited by lightshine

well that 320i looks to be pretty immaculate. People are willing to pay that kind of money for something that hasn't been molested.

80% of E30s on TM i see are pretty rubbish so when a nice example pops up there will always be someone looking to buy it.

I guess your right, that one does look imaculate which makes it a collectors item. Whereas most of the ones on trademe have torn seats, bits missing and a dirty pod filter sitting in the middle of a grease filled engine bay

I guess your right, that one does look imaculate which makes it a collectors item. Whereas most of the ones on trademe have torn seats, bits missing and a dirty pod filter sitting in the middle of a grease filled engine bay

not to mention the missing gear knobs...I've never understood why that is haha

not to mention the missing gear knobs...I've never understood why that is haha

It's because people buy "cool" aftermarket gear knobs and then take them off when they sell them...(like mine <_< ) and they don't have the original one anymore.

Many are rough around the edges.

Ie http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-544190326.htm

It looks like it could be a good car with a lot of work, but would need some panel + paint, seats etc.

But it has the typical Pod filter and crappy looking gear knob.

Edited by Charles32

I wouldn't judge a book by it's cover though. A "mint" E30 could easily be hiding $xxxx of rust repairs waiting to be done!

well that 320i looks to be pretty immaculate. People are willing to pay that kind of money for something that hasn't been molested.

80% of E30s on TM i see are pretty rubbish so when a nice example pops up there will always be someone looking to buy it.

This one looks real tidy and reasonably priced too.....

Visit My Website

Sold a E30 320 about a year back for $4500. Was immaculate however. And stock standard. Manual.

It depends ...

A manual 2 door in tidy condition will fetch more. I bought mine at the start of the year for $2800, it had chrome wheels on it and had been a bit thrashed but otherwise in okay condition. At the time I thought it was a bit pricey but I still bought it ...

I think tidy manual E30's will hold their price regardless and prices will go up as they become more rare and more expensive to maintain to a good standard.

I purchased my 320i at the start of this year for $2400. Its a p/f, factory manual and completely stock. It's pretty tidy other than what you would expect from a 25 year old car. I think if I were to try sell tomorrow I would aim for 3k, but it really seems that people are starting to ask ridiculous money for old cars in general.

At the end of the day even if it is immaculate it's still just a 320, maybe if it was a 325, like someone already mentioned It comes down to what one person will pay. I still find it stupid that people think old RX mazdas are worth 25k plus only my opinion though