Sign in to follow this  
briancol

The return of C0SM0S

Hi guys, I'm back.

It's been a few months since I've been on the forum, at 66 years of age I'm starting to show my age, but I have been rather ill and ended up in Middlemore for a while. Then we moved out of our house so that it can be redecorated and sold, and there was quite a gap between leaving the house in early Nov till we moved into our current place late last year, so I was without an internet connection for a long time.

Anyway, everythings sorted now and I will be back on the forum on a regular basis in future.

Seems like we have quite a few new members? Must organise a get together so that get to know each other.

Welcome back, glad to hear you're on the mend :)

Meet sounds good, seems a shame to have all this great weather & not put it to good use!

Welcome back - yes to a get together - it would be great to have a "mass meet" somewhere - where do we start?

Auckland Anniversary or Waitangi?

Good to see you back on here Brian, I'm glad you are well.

A meet sounds good to me, always keen to meet like minded peers... And see some amazing cars..

Welcome back Brian, hope the health is on the up and up!

Still got the E36?

Glad your well mate!

Too right. Bout time for a meet.

Edited by Young Jack

Thanks for all the kind posts.

As far as a meet goes, I would prefer Waitangi Day as I have a cruise to go on with the BMW Car Club on Anniversary day.

So, where and what?

Put up some ideas and we'll get things rolling.

A change from the norm and away from the busy parks/beaches and traffic? Would almost need to be a short trip out of Auckland I think.

Anyone have any secret spots for car park ups?

A change from the norm and away from the busy parks/beaches and traffic? Would almost need to be a short trip out of Auckland I think.

Anyone have any secret spots for car park ups?

We did a drive out to I think it was KawaKawa bay few years ago. Brian looked right at home at this pub we found, had a mint fish n chips store next door too and massive car park. =D

post-5250-1357896719.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

We did a drive out to I think it was KawaKawa bay few years ago. Brian looked right at home at this pub we found, had a mint fish n chips store next door too and massive car park. =D

Due to previous incidents, there will not be a cruise,sorry.

However I'm all for meeting up somewhere and perhaps have a BBQ.

Places like Cornwall Park are out of the question. As previously said, there are too many people around and the BBQ's are crap there anyway.

Personally I think Central Auckland area is the best so people don't have to drive too far, but is there a nice park with plenty of parking and hopefully decent barbies that any one knows?

post-5250-1357896719.jpg

Lol Jack that is classic.

Good to see you improving & back mate

I'm afraid someone else will have to arrange this meet as I'm not the best at the moment. I have my good times and I have my bad ones as well and I've slipped back into a bad time.

BTW. The BMWCC have changed the day of their meet to Waitangi day, so if we are going to have a meet, then Anniversary Day would be better.

1Rotty, are you back in NZ yet?

Edited by C0SM0S