Sign in to follow this  
viettt

My 1990 325i E30

Hello,

So I bought my E30 a few months ago. I was pretty fussy and spent over a year looking for one that ticked all the boxes. After a while of searching, ended up asking the man to drive up from Ranfurly, Otago up to Christchurch. Just my luck, he said he would! After a test drive and an inspection, the deal was completed! (He did drive up with a friend and was picking up a car he had bought the same day just to point out!!) Just got back from my holiday and thought I would post up some photos and would like suggestions on how I could improve this wee gem! More photos of interior to come up sometime next week and better shots in general! The sun messed up the lighting in some of these photos.

- Was thinking BBS 15' ?

- Lower it 1 or 2cm maybe 3 cm?

- Change the digital clock to a analog one?

Thanks and enjoy!

Viet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by viettt

Nice pics, Good use of the neighbors fence! Looks like an absolute minter.( the car, not the fence ;))

Wheels and lowering a tad is a good start, next would have to be a manual conversion, Thatl transfom it

Nice pics, Good use of the neighbors fence! Looks like an absolute minter.( the car, not the fence ;))

Wheels and lowering a tad is a good start, next would have to be a manual conversion, Thatl transfom it

Thanks!! Gotta admit, the fence does added something to the photo!! Was a good find! Yeah that's what I thought, wheels and lowering first. Will be doing a manual conversion in a few years when the cars a bit older, probably when I do a full car repaint (Same color of course!)

Edited by viettt

Amazingly tidy. Maybe remove the Jap plate holder?

nice car dude....dont change the clock

16" wheels look better imo

Amazingly tidy. Maybe remove the Jap plate holder?

Never really noticed that!! haha yeah I will have to!

nice car dude....dont change the clock

16" wheels look better imo

Why not?! The original analog clock is boss!! haha.

16" and lowered? Sounds pretty good, will look into it! Thanks

Very Nice example of an E30 you have there.

I see its a South African Built car, these came with pretty much all the available options of the time and it would seem most of the Japanese Import E30 325i's are like that.

The leather sport seats are great imo. (I have the same model, but with 2x the Wear and tear and km's).

Mines lowered 40mm Front, 30mm back to give you an idea of ride height. (Only have 14" BBS).

I think 15's look good, but also prefer 16" wheels, however it can be hard to find those, with the right offset etc.

Like yours mine came as an automatic, however has since been transformed, you can often buy all the manual conversion parts together for around $6-700.

Is it just me, or is your rear bumper colour coded (except for the trim piece)?

Edited by Charles32

Why not?! The original analog clock is boss!! haha.

16" and lowered? Sounds pretty good, will look into it! Thanks

i would rather have the full OBC than some silly micky mouse looking clock

obc is quite rare in a e30 etc

nice clean looking car

is it a south african assembled car .

looks like it with those specs

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

i think the clock looks cleaner, but because you have the OBC might at well keep it.

Very Nice example of an E30 you have there.

I see its a South African Built car, these came with pretty much all the available options of the time and it would seem most of the Japanese Import E30 325i's are like that.

The leather sport seats are great imo. (I have the same model, but with 2x the Wear and tear and km's).

Mines lowered 40mm Front, 30mm back to give you an idea of ride height. (Only have 14" BBS).

I think 15's look good, but also prefer 16" wheels, however it can be hard to find those, with the right offset etc.

Like yours mine came as an automatic, however has since been transformed, you can often buy all the manual conversion parts together for around $6-700.

Is it just me, or is your rear bumper colour coded (except for the trim piece)?

Yeah it's a South African Built!!! How many km's has your car done? Just wondering! Mines done 120,000km. Will be putting more photos up during the week!

And yeah, i'll give your your advice some thought! I have noticed that the front is always higher.

16" would be nice but like you said, hard to find with right offset so might just try find 15"

Manual conversion is in the thoughts! Maybe when I get bored of this car or when I do the full car repaint in a few years when it wears down a bit more!!

Yes, my rear bumper is colour coded apart from the trim. The front bumper used to be color coded too but was replaced because of a wee accident which i was quite upset about kinda rear ended someone and it cracked the trim and had a bump on the front bumper haha. But didn't cost to get replaced!

Edited by viettt

i would rather have the full OBC than some silly micky mouse looking clock

obc is quite rare in a e30 etc

nice clean looking car

is it a south african assembled car .

looks like it with those specs

Yeah my cars South African assembled!

I want to change cause it's stopped working! haha will have to get it fixed then.

Edited by viettt

Yeah my cars South African assembled!

I want to change cause it's stopped working! haha will have to get it fixed then.

ok normall just the bulbs in the back light need changing .

doe steh display light up at all?? is it faint??

or maybe a fuse ??

ok normall just the bulbs in the back light need changing .

doe steh display light up at all?? is it faint??

or maybe a fuse ??

All the lights and that are still working. It's not faint at all still vivid. Just nothing sets, like i can't set the time etc etc. Just won't work.

Any help?

the obc is easy & cheap to replace..& it keeps it as per the original SA spec.

PM ur fb if u want & ill send u some pics of mine lowered on 16s

PS i have a set of fully refurbished genuine 16" one piece Schnitzers on near new Toyos if u wanna part with about $ 1700

Yeah it's a South African Built!!! How many km's has your car done? Just wondering! Mines done 120,000km. Will be putting more photos up during the week!

And yeah, i'll give your your advice some thought! I have noticed that the front is always higher.

16" would be nice but like you said, hard to find with right offset so might just try find 15"

Manual conversion is in the thoughts! Maybe when I get bored of this car or when I do the full car repaint in a few years when it wears down a bit more!!

Yes, my rear bumper is colour coded apart from the trim. The front bumper used to be color coded too but was replaced because of a wee accident which i was quite upset about kinda rear ended someone and it cracked the trim and had a bump on the front bumper haha. But didn't cost to get replaced!

Mines sitting at 233,000k for now.

My back bumpers cracked a little, I have a replacement one lined up, but plan to colour code them when I get some panel and paint work done soon. (The trim will be left black).

I ended up going with this suspension, but at the time it was on sale http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-22130-e3...on-package.aspx

Mines sitting at 233,000k for now.

My back bumpers cracked a little, I have a replacement one lined up, but plan to colour code them when I get some panel and paint work done soon. (The trim will be left black).

I ended up going with this suspension, but at the time it was on sale http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-22130-e3...on-package.aspx

That's not bad! Yeah it's close to double the amount i've got on mine!!

Where you thinking of getting your panel and paint work done at? And was thinking of getting my front bumper color coded sometime soon too.

Thanks for the link! I'll have a look!

the obc is easy & cheap to replace..& it keeps it as per the original SA spec.

PM ur fb if u want & ill send u some pics of mine lowered on 16s

Will have to get my obc fixed then!!

Yeah i'll pm you now! Would love to see those photos!!

and those 16" wheels you got!

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....t=0#entry475686

If I was still needing manual conversion parts i'd want them from this car for sure, 72,000k on it, don't think you'd ever find a better gearbox etc.

What a lovely car. Next step, M3

Thanks Dylan! Saw your one on trademe, if only... hahaha. If I had money I could spare man, I would take it off your hands in no time. If you still have it in 5years and want to sell it man, send me a message. Dead serious.

Mint example there mate,

my sa 325i wasnt as neat as that but as you see in my display pic its on 17x8.5 - 17x 7.5 bbs rs reps

i have just purchased another sa 325i same colour and il be putting on 16x9 bbs replicas.

Yours is great condition, Must have cruise control and Limited slip diff?