Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Top Gear

It's back, finally! It's being aired as I type this on BBC two, can't wait to watch it!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

S19EP01

Come on Sam get it right its Top Gear - S19EP01 - World's Smallest Car [sDTV] :P

Come on Sam get it right its Top Gear - S19EP01 - World's Smallest Car [sDTV] :P

My bad =)

Still haven't had the time to get any new index set-up =(

Finalgear.com for those who still download the old way. (Torrents)

can someone PM me a good website to stream from so i can pass on to a friend?

can someone PM me a good website to stream from so i can pass on to a friend?

BBC iPlayer, you can access with a proxy.

Anyone else spot the E34 Touring Jeremy is sleeping in in the montage at the start?

Being honest I thought it was a woeful episode, over scripted with boring segments. Can't say I am surprised though... TG UK hasn't been the same for years - it used to be fresh and fun, the hosts had passion but now the whole thing seems like it's made to a generic standard to get the job done for a generic audience that just wants something other than the soap-opera on the other channel.

I miss all the interesting stuff they did so well, cheap car challenges, used buy guides, proper car reviews, practical challenges, all that stuff was great in the 2003-2009 era, but it's somehow lost it since then. I get the impression the widespread success of the show has been it's own downfall.

I agree, used to love their races too. Even though they are obviously pre-arranged and scripted. The new episodes just didn't appeal like it used to. Maybe because the show hasn't had anything changed in its format for such long time.

agreed and even the supercar review they keep cutting to coloured graphics and effects every 3 seconds so you only get glimpses of what it looks like,you dont get a decent clean look from every angle on which to observe and take it in. I think it looked ok from the outside but I couldnt be sure,a photo in a mag just isnt the same as a live video walk around

Ha yeah, the editing is over worked too, yes it may be creative and 'cool' but it's often too much, I want to SEE the car not catch a distorted glimpse. Another reason why its refreshing to watch the earlier TG series were the editing was more too the point & simple, Like Chris Harris' car reviews....

great camera / sound production.

Overscripted to the point of cringeworthyness.

lets hope the rest of the season is better

Very true, TG has been dumbed down too much lately and is blatantly over scripted.

I read a couple of motoring books by the TG team recently, one each by Clarkson and May.

Jeremy Clarkson , he just tries too hard to be offensive and controversial, a bit of a buffoon really.

He passed me in Oxford Uk a few years ago and trust me he doesn't fit well in a ferrari, he is 6'5 tall with hair like the jackson 5.

James May on the other hand, razor sharp wit and a genuinely likeable chap, he even has a degree in music among his many talents.

Richard Hammond though just seems a bit of a waste of space, just there to laugh at Clarkson's jokes. A mate of mine met him on a film shoot a coupe of years ago, he is pretty boring by all accounts.

Before TG and the stig my Simpson bandit racing helmet had a lot more street cred :(

Edited by LMT UK

The 2nd episode is very good. Mind you, I think jokes about penis are funny and don't really car too much about the exact technical specifications of the LFA and various other cars I have no interest in owning.

Just the kind of lowest denominator who makes the show so popular...

EP 2 was heaps better. Top Gear US is back also now, and Fifth Gear is about to start again in a few days. Before we know it, we'll be watching re-runs again lol!

Haven't seen episode 2 but I didn't think the first was so bad... I enjoyed it. I'm just going to watch it on Prime because they're only a week later than the UK and I might as well support them bringing good TV to air in NZ so they keep doing it.

Prime has to be the best free to air channel right now with this, Nevermind The Buzzcocks and QI.

Haven't seen episode 2 but I didn't think the first was so bad... I enjoyed it. I'm just going to watch it on Prime because they're only a week later than the UK and I might as well support them bringing good TV to air in NZ so they keep doing it.

Prime has to be the best free to air channel right now with this, Nevermind The Buzzcocks and QI.

I missed the PRIME airing, part of the problem with MySky is that you fast forward the adverts and do not catch what is coming up. ( 1st world problem )

How long was the episode on PRIME ?

I watched it on iTunes, and it was 62 minutes with no ads, so surely the PRIME version is editted ?

I might keep watching on iTunes, as it is only us$ 20 for the HD version or $13 for SD

Guest Simon*

You guys and your hating ;)

The show was fine. It's always fine. It's still 200% better than most of the other crap on television.

It's "entertainment" now more than a purist's car show, but has been for ages. I'm sure if you look at their viewing stats it will reflect something like 15% of viewing audience are hardcore car nuts, the remainder don't know anything about cars but just really like the show.

They have to cater to this audience to pull the ratings to stay on TV --> self-licking ice cream.

This gone episode was good, miles better than the shows aired before christ was born on BBC Knowledge.

I found the segment with the planes 'shooting' their cars a bit pointless - entertaining to some but a whole 10 minute segement of stupidty, plenty of other more car related tests / interesting things they could have done.

Then again they are the masters of weird comparison segments now days

EHH.

Still no magazine style reviews of cars. episodes 1 and 2 are suposed to be the good ones that get you watching the whole season.

And Jeremy Clarkson saying for the millionth time "this is the best car i have ever driven". i dont want to say it, but i will, i think JC has had his day.