Sign in to follow this  
zara

Cheap 645ci

Is that cheap for a near ten year old Crapanese import that cant be registered in NZ??

On one hand the Govt goes on about recycling, waste etc, and then they do not allow this car with only 36K on the clock to be registered on our roads ...........

Still , the importer should have known better, rules are clearly stated I guess.

Does seem an aweful waste .....

Here is an awesome idea, take a classic 80's Six Series and install all the running gear from this. Winning.

Could some one explain please

This is a 2004 BMW 645 imported from Japan. This vehicle will only comply in NZ with a special interest exemption for which it will qualify.

Here is an awesome idea, take a classic 80's Six Series and install all the running gear from this. Winning.

ohhhh

Could some one explain please

This is a 2004 BMW 645 imported from Japan. This vehicle will only comply in NZ with a special interest exemption for which it will qualify.

Wouldn't have thought it would be 'special' enough, sure id take one, but its not an M6. if they let this through then they should let anything through on that basis???

Yeah I doubt you could pass that off as a special interest car...

They aren't exactly rare in build numbers that model nor significant compared to other BMW models.

I dont like his "As there may be isssues with the car, I strongly advise you to inspect." line.

ohhhh

Wouldn't have thought it would be 'special' enough, sure id take one, but its not an M6. if they let this through then they should let anything through on that basis???

Autocar has stated that they will back up any claim, to any car being a collectable item for the special interest vehicle laws (In their opinion, all cars are collectable). It is a 2-door coupe. All it needs is either a production run under 20,000 a year, or to be a "high performance vehicle".

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factshee...t-vehicles.html

I dont like his "As there may be isssues with the car, I strongly advise you to inspect." line.

Yeah it makes you wonder if hes hinting at chassis damage or something else more serious than the compliance issue.