Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

This is some dodgey Sh!7 lol (video)

What's is dodgy about this? How do you think panel beaters fix cars, with magic dust and T-Cut?

I have seen much bigger smashes repaired in much the same way.

Yeah I agree with Graham how is this dodgy? If anything this guy is quite onto it in his age getting these sort of videos together and getting good view counts on youtube. Good on him!

I love his make shift chassis puller .... it top's central3's 2x4 engine hoist! Love it!

He has better colour match than a lot of local panel beaters I've seen.

I love his make shift chassis puller .... it top's central3's 2x4 engine hoist! Love it!

He has better colour match than a lot of local panel beaters I've seen.

Hey steady on - my "hoist" may have been dodgy but I was not wearing socks and sandles whilst doing the job. I would also not have attempted the work with that huge hole in my workshop floor. Additionally I would not have employed a somewhat retarded paperhand (what was wrong with his left hand) and let him loose on my boot with 80 grit. Lastly I would not bother wasting my time on a f****n Audi with lepoard skin f****n seat covers. Enough said

Hey steady on - my "hoist" may have been dodgy but I was not wearing socks and sandles whilst doing the job. I would also not have attempted the work with that huge hole in my workshop floor. Additionally I would not have employed a somewhat retarded paperhand (what was wrong with his left hand) and let him loose on my boot with 80 grit. Lastly I would not bother wasting my time on a f****n Audi with lepoard skin f****n seat covers. Enough said

LOL!! Never said your hoist was dodgy Paul!! Ingenious actually (I've always wondered how I would hold the engine up without the factory tool or an engine hoist and chain - and you've provided me with inspiration!!) The make shift chassis puller is dodgy however, I kept waiting for the concrete wall to break, the bar to pull out or the wire line to snap and cut the guy in half !!

Agree with the rest of your observations (although I missed the retarded paperhand (must review).

Watching that video I also kept wondering if they were repairing that car inside a post war derelict building ...

Edited by M3_Power

If you think this is dodgy, you should see how cars get "pulled" during a Race meeting... an X5 40d and Silver Fox 7.5t truck springs to mind!

No idea why that's "dodgy" at all. Having been in the industry for 30 years i actually think the old fella is a skilled craftsman, and beleive me, i've seen some qualified "panelbeaters" struggle to fix a torn paper bag.

Going by the title I was anticipating seeing something REALLY dodgy.... like a sunlight deprived Norwegian trying to fit an S62 into a Trabant.......

Aside from the guys careless attitude to being safe while working he really looked like he knew his stuff, and is able to do it without relying on gadgetry to make up for poor skills.

If ya think thats dodgy, wait til ya see what I used to do jacking up houses & remdial works for failing critical retaining walls :huh:

Although it does seem like a helluva effort for a fairly boring old A4 / 80

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Maybe apart from not doing it on a jig and re welding with the proper high voltage spot welding equipment and replacing with factory repair parts its done very well.

You would be surprised what makes it into New Zealand and who driving around with what that has been repaired. In saying that, if structual repairs are done properly the car can actually turn out better than before in some cases.

like a sunlight deprived Norwegian trying to fit an S62 into a Trabant.......

B) Great idea!