Sign in to follow this  
APT

E30 m3 info

That's true Gavin's little 318i gets along pretty well with the S38(?), in it with the great fabrication work that he has done with Dan Slater it goes round corners pretty good as well.

It would be interesting to compare the lap times of this beast with, say, Conrad's E30 M3 DTM, or one of the other S14 powered M3s.. Something for me to look up at the week-end.

Don't happen to have a spare S14 in your shed do you Brent?

That's true Gavin's little 318i gets along pretty well with the S38(?), in it with the great fabrication work that he has done with Dan Slater it goes round corners pretty good as well.

It would be interesting to compare the lap times of this beast with, say, Conrad's E30 M3 DTM, or one of the other S14 powered M3s.. Something for me to look up at the week-end.

Don't happen to have a spare S14 in your shed do you Brent?

ha ha no sorry , but what say i buy this e30 m3 and rip out the s14 and fit my m88 .

what would you pay for a engine like that?? :blink:

what would you pay for a engine like that?? :blink:

seriously? Depending on the results of a compression and leak-down test up to $5k.

My e30 with standard brakes and motor is doing similar lap times to Conrads DTM e30. I am also .5 faster than Gavin's best lap time.

Maybe you should buy my E30, still heaps of room for development :P

Ok, I went and had a look at this car today.

It is very clean, straight and tidy, everything seems to work as it should. But there are just a couple of odd things. "the left inner front guard has been replaced". Really? that is why the paint code sticker says it is Diamantschwarz, whereas the car is Lachsilber (or more likely dolphin grey). Gear knob need replaced, no big deal. Aftermarket drivers seat. The other front and rear seats are in Ok condition, stitching coming apart in one or two places. But, the door trims are different to the seat trim, and the rear side interior panels are different again. There are a few little nicks and scratches, nothing too serious. It is Japan spec, so standard gearbox, not dog-leg. I am tempted, but...

The engine in conrads car is worth about the going rate for an m5 at the moment. A standard s14b23 or 25 isnt really the same engine.

Agree with jamez, wanna go fast around hampton. Do s5X + e30

Maybe Conrad wasn't the best example to use (and he's got a spare - greedy) just having a bit of banter with Brent.

Downside to S5x is that they are all well over 2.0ltr so well into the Open A & B class, S14B20 works well in 2ltr Class - engine would be far from standard as well!

If only I didn't love the E30 M3 so much more than the E36, the E36 is so much better bang for buck, even straight out of the box.