Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

top gear 100ks what revs?

not quite 100 ks,prolly not what people expect a 2l diesel doing at 100 k,this is in 6th check out the instantaneous fuel consumption this is on a level road not coasting

bugger lookin at that pic reminds me i need ruc(again!)

post-332-1361350024.jpg

Edited by kiwi535

Those rev can go crazy low on a diesel but still pull like a train

Here's my little 3-cyclinder 1.4 TDi on a VW Polo

post-450-1361874640.jpg

Edited by SpikeyLemon

My father used to boast about this in his BA Falcon - 1900rpm at 100kmh. As I kept telling him, what is impressive is the percentage of the redline that 100kmh comes up in, not the actual rpm.

We still argue about this.... :)

At that speed, as long as you are in the left lane and keeping the heck out of my way I am happy, 1,500rpm, 10,000rpm good on you B)

Not sure what my car does sorry, "I cant drive 55"

I think our 525i does 2800.

My Suzuki Cappuccino did about 4000 :lol: Of course it still had a bit over 5000 MORE to go to the rev limiter B) I only ever got to 8000 though, once.

interesting topic!

i believe the M5 turns just over 2-2200 rpm @ 100

(can't be more precise as I generally don't travel at that speed). :D

@ 160 I'm not looking at the speedo.... lol..

:)

Edit: on a random thought. Does anyone feel that the steering wheel and or hands block too much of the speedo view while driving?? Sometimes when turning, for example, the spoke on the steering and my hand blocks out the indicator light and partially the revs and or speedometer. Random rant//

Edited by QUBE

I find in the perfect driving position my steering wheel blocks view to the top of my speedo, you know the important 100- 160 range.

So I have had to adjust the steering higher than I would otherwise like to accomidate as I don't think mr plod would take that as an excuse for drifting over the limit.

#minorrant

#improbablyjusttootall

Edited by M5V8

I find in the perfect driving position my steering wheel blocks view to the top of my speedo, you know the important 100- 160 range.

So I have had to adjust the steering higher than I would otherwise like to accomidate as I don't think mr plod would take that as an excuse for drifting over the limit.

#minorrant

#improbablyjusttootall

Agreed. Exactly the same for me. At its most comfortable the top of the steering wheel obstructs the 80-120 range on my speedo. Don't think the cops'll think much of my excuse though!

My daily hack, dog cart, van and general awesome car, the 1990 Peugeot 205 of winning tells me its 11.35 at 69mph, but its always time to go 69 when you drive a 205 :lol:

Posted Image

My daily hack, dog cart, van and general awesome car, the 1990 Peugeot 205 of winning tells me its 11.35 at 69mph, but its always time to go 69 when you drive a 205 :lol:

Posted Image

At least you can still read an analogue clock... That skill will be gone in a generation.

Agreed. Exactly the same for me. At its most comfortable the top of the steering wheel obstructs the 80-120 range on my speedo. Don't think the cops'll think much of my excuse though!

Must be a 5 series thing!

Must be a E39 thing!

There.

First car I've bothered with cruise control.

I find it's fine - but I like to sit in my car like I sit in my chair at the office, so I'm sitting quite high up with a straight back. Not leaning all the way back with my arm out the window like a boss. :D

I find it's fine - but I like to sit in my car like I sit in my chair at the office, so I'm sitting quite high up with a straight back. Not leaning all the way back with my arm out the window like a boss. :D

Me too - No problems with the speedo at all - I can't have the wheel down to far, as it interferes with my clutch leg.

My M3 at 100kmh in 6th....using 29% of it's redline... :)

post-2746-1362096550.jpg