Sign in to follow this  
mcgca817

Why you can't have nice things

Rough.

They were probably stolen by some retard who thinks they'll fit on there E30 or starlet of something.

Bad luck, that must be very distressing, I always fear the damage they do to the car when jacking it.

Hope insurance sorts it, maybe get some good puzzle nuts for the next set, that will slow them down a bit.

Edited by apex

That sucks. Doesn't seem worth the effort / planning. What are 'hot' second hand reps worth? Less than a cell phone?

Out of interest how would insurance view this? They are "BMW" wheels, so you shouldn't have to note them specifically on you policy? What sort or replacement value would yo get ?

Will let you know how I get on with insurance, so far they've taken the car to get inspected for other damage and have sent the photos through to a tyre shop to get a quote. So far they've been pretty good, although at times it feels they've never dealt with this situation before, when they try to get a tow truck to move it......

I hadn't declared them to insurance and they haven't batten an eye lid so so far so good.

Ah sh*t that sucks, they looked SOOO good on that car :( I guess it didnt get locking bolts fitted after i sold it?

Theyre 18" reps, 7 or 7.5 wide i think. BMW center caps but no ///M stickers when i sold it (had the recess but nothing in them).

Cheers man, they were awesome wheels, hopefully I can get some decent money for them and get something else as good put on. Had lock nuts fitted, but that's obviously not enough anymore.

Ahhh gutted. You can re-order that easy enough :) Looks like the theives are some lowlife e36 owner who will get linched if they show their faces around these parts.

Part number 51112251767 for the lip. Its pretty cheap to get from Team or JC BMW etc.

Agreed, id almost bet on them harvesting parts for their own E36.... taking parts specific to E36, likely using an E36 jack

Just an update on how I got on with insurance if anyone is interested.

They have put brand new wheels on (not CSL reps unfortunately) and new Falken tyres, and I had to pay the excess and 25% of the tyres.

Currently it's off to the panelbeaters to get looked at and any underside damage fixed that might have been caused by it sitting on bricks.

Have to say the insurance company has been pretty good about the whole thing.

Will post some photos up when I get the car back - hopefully tomorrow night.

we are quick to name & shame, care to name and promote the insurance company?

we are quick to name & shame, care to name and promote the insurance company?

The insurance company is AON, but I've been dealing with Vero - think Vero must be the NZ seller of AON or something.

Get a pretty good deal with them through work, I know another member here has had problems with them but they've been bloody good.

Ahhh gutted. You can re-order that easy enough :) Looks like the theives are some lowlife e36 owner who will get linched if they show their faces around these parts.

Word.

How low is that.

Ughh.

Aon are brokers and Vero will be the insurance provider. Good to hear they are getting you sorted

Good result. Keen to see it with the new wheels. Pics!

Good result. Keen to see it with the new wheels. Pics!

Still waiting to get it back, currently at the panelbeaters getting a little bit of damage repaired, just some sill and sideskirt work - nothing major.

Hopefully I'll get it back tonight, but possibly tomorrow.

Something I have is one of these

http://www.carcameradirect.com/?no1selling-carcam

My one has front and rear facing cameras and records while the the car electronics are awake, however in light of events like this I might just wire it permanently on. It records to SD card in HD and overwrites the oldest recordings.

An example of it use is here when someone went through a stop sign in front of me

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb....5713&type=2

Now with a big capacity SD card and wired permanently on you have a small chance of catching external events. Of course not much help if they break in and see the camera.

Classic example there Dave ^ just goes to show how poor some peoples judgement is once you get out of the city.

Classic example there Dave ^ just goes to show how poor some peoples judgement is once you get out of the city.

It's in the city too mate! :)

It should be noted that I also have the High beam lamps on my E39 set as 50% brightness Daytime Running Lamps so I should have been reasonably visible.