Sign in to follow this  
aw-krazy

angle grinder to borrow

Hey was just wondering if anyone had an angle grinder I can use for a day

warehouse and kmart sell REAL cheap ones lol

Any idea how cheap they are? Cheers

like 20-30 bucks at warehouse and kmart? bunnings and mitre ten prob sell real cheap also

just don't expect quality

Could be worth looking at borrowing (hiring) a decent one from HireQuip or somewhere like that.

In my experience, a poor quality product can lead to a less-than-appealing finished product.

Food for thought.

At hard ware stores there's a brand called predator I think. Super cheap. Does the job.

I might have a makita or Milwaukee one lying around. Will have a look and post up if i find it

the word angle grinder reminds of the days of cutting springs lol

Knew I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing....ha

I bought a Results one a few years back now, never a problem with it, paid $20 bucks, I've also got a DeWalt and hardly notice the difference for what I use them for.

Good stuff. Was just gonna say saw on TV just now Bosch ones for $75 from Placemakers this weekend.

Could be worth returning it and making a saving , so thought you may want to still know.

Could be worth looking at borrowing (hiring) a decent one from HireQuip or somewhere like that.

In my experience, a poor quality product can lead to a less-than-appealing finished product.

Food for thought.

its an angle grinder,a fine finish isnt ussually dependent on the grinder

^lol +1

It's a 10 dollar grinder. Use it until it brakes and take it back and get another one.

Had a cheap one $20 one from the warehouse, couldnt kill it too easily.... survived the swimming pool test. Burnt it out a few days later, took it back and got a replacement one.

I got a firebrand one from the warehouse about 7-8 years ago for $50 with about 40 discs and have given that a hiding over the years and still works fine! Only thing I had to do on it was replace the lead on it last week as I kept shocking myself on it where I had cut through the phase wire haha.

^lol +1

It's a 10 dollar grinder. Use it until it brakes and take it back and get another one.

Lol so true