Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

2001 740i Motorsport

Trade Me Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just spotted this, I've always had a soft spot for these.

So much car for the money! Especially for the asking price / mileage...

Has anyone checked this car out?

This was for sale at a yard in Hamilton, sold about 6 months ago (hence why the rego and warrant have just expired), their asking price was $11,995 fyi.

What I want to know is .. when will the Race Series Committee start a e38 series. Can anyone confirm ?

When there are no more E30s left to race!

Or E36s, E46s, E92s, E28s, 2002s, etc..

I've always had a soft spot for these.

Me too - they just look "right".

Shame my Mrs hates them.

I was seriously trying to work out how to do a manual conversion on a 728i with the M52TU.

The 728i is cheap to run (but obvioulsly not a rocketship), and the 740i is the next one up worth considering. The ones in between are pretty much as hungry as the 740i, but slower! if you're going to maintain a V8, it may as well be the big one!

What I want to know is .. when will the Race Series Committee start a e38 series. Can anyone confirm ?

Haha, I sense sarcasm, but that said, a caged, raced prepared 740i/750i with massive weight reduction + manual conversion would be pretty awesome, even if it did get overtaken by E30s in the corners....

Me too - they just look "right".

Shame my Mrs hates them.

I was seriously trying to work out how to do a manual conversion on a 728i with the M52TU.

The 728i is cheap to run (but obvioulsly not a rocketship), and the 740i is the next one up worth considering. The ones in between are pretty much as hungry as the 740i, but slower! if you're going to maintain a V8, it may as well be the big one!

I like the 728is as they are cheap and seem to be in good condition for the most part, a good base for an engine upgrade perhaps? (unless the rear subframes/diff are the low rent versions compared to the 740/750 variants)

Although its a lot of money depending on what one wants to get out of the car.