Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Rough E30 Vert

that roof.

It looks like it has a BBS steering wheel too... if it is, its super rare and worth more than what the bidding is currently at. if its not, it looks very similar to the BBS one

Can't believe a car can get into that state in only 60 odd thousand miles??

Yeah, needing the engine rebuilt at that mileage is odd too I guess.

If I win the auction i'd replace the soft top and the front bumper and clean it up a bit and replace some missing bits.

Currently i'm the lead bidder, but I suspect i'll have to pay quite a bit more yet.

You really do wonder! Maybe the Odomoeter packed up before it was imported :-) There are a lot of parts of it that look really abused - even the storage try and the heater controls in deformed. It's grubby and dirty, and that engine bay! Dads 1990 E30 has done about 220K now, and looks FAR FAR cleaner than that.

I wonder if the engine rebuild was cambelt related? I bet someone thought "It's not due until 100,000" and left the ancient belt in there (they're suppposed to be done every 4 years regardless of milage aren't they).

Wouldn't be too hard to tidy, but it's a bit of a wreck!

PS: don't care what that steering wheel is worth,,, it's DAMN ugly!

Edited by Allanw

they have since said that it was rebuilt due to failed cambelt and done under mechanical warranty. Appears more cosmetically ruined than anything, so could be tidied up with some work. Seeing what other verts are going for, could be worth it.

they have since said that it was rebuilt due to failed cambelt and done under mechanical warranty. Appears more cosmetically ruined than anything, so could be tidied up with some work. Seeing what other verts are going for, could be worth it.

Yeah, will see how high it goes.

I would buy a brand new soft top, replace front bumper, tidy up interior bits, general clean up, make sure its all running 100%.

Then convert to manual, as I have a spare Getrag 260 with 85,000k on it.

Yeah, needing the engine rebuilt at that mileage is odd too I guess.

Currently i'm the lead bidder, but I suspect i'll have to pay quite a bit more yet.

Luckily its on South Island so I won't be fighting you for it!

Body looks pretty sound, a lot of it is just tidying up. Hood would be a fair few $$$s and quite a bit of dicking around though.

A half decent set of rims would make all the difference, plus a manual if you are so inclined. All pretty straight forward and you will have a good car at the end of it!

Luckily its on South Island so I won't be fighting you for it!

Body looks pretty sound, a lot of it is just tidying up. Hood would be a fair few $$$s and quite a bit of dicking around though.

A half decent set of rims would make all the difference, plus a manual if you are so inclined. All pretty straight forward and you will have a good car at the end of it!

So what Jon - you want two verts?

So what Jon - you want two verts?

Yeah - one for the week and one for the week-end!!

Not really, apart from the new hood (which I can get cheap) I have all the parts needed sitting in the shed. Could be a nice little money maker project for a bit of time invested, plus saving another vert. Hassle and cost of getting it from South Island rules it out.

Tried for a long time to get that fire damaged one in Palmy but no joy either which is a shame as that would also be a good project for me.

doh, bidded upto 2510, given up and let the other bidder have it.

Might have paid more if I'd gone and looked at it, then again might have paid less lol

was watching it close eh. if it was this side of the cook straight i would have been bidding too. is probably a good buy at that

was watching it close eh. if it was this side of the cook straight i would have been bidding too. is probably a good buy at that

I'm fairly certain they would have out bid me no matter what anyway, i hadn't matched their autobid still.. a good buy for them most likely for sure.

I worked out I could land a new soft top for about 500 nzd incl shipping..

Edited by Charles32