Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Yes, I am a lucky b*stard!

I'm sure Tom would have appreciated a call from either!

True, but BMW NZ don't allocate the invite list for these events at an individual level. There are a number of slots for each session that are allocated to the various dealers to invite their customers. A few slots are allocated by BMW NZ to corporate customers and brand ambassadors, that's all.

The best way for you to get an invite Tom would be to have the conversation with the Sales Manager or Sales Person you deal with most regularly at your local dealer.

BMW Group NZ is a wholesale organisation, they have very little direct contact with customers as this is why there is a Dealer Network to manage that part of the business. With the complaint letter to Head Office your details would have been passed on to your local dealer (and the magazine sent), for them to follow up.

Sorry Jon, I've been guilty of lumping BMW NZ in with their dealers. I appreciate that the two arms of the business are separate. I think what Tom's been getting at is that communication between the two has not been very effective in his case.

If I was a BMW dealer I'd be trawling these sites... While there may not be many people that can afford a brand new bimmer, you'd think that members of a BMW forum would be pre-disposed to purchasing if they have the available finances (or credit!!).

True, but BMW NZ don't allocate the invite list for these events at an individual level. There are a number of slots for each session that are allocated to the various dealers to invite their customers. A few slots are allocated by BMW NZ to corporate customers and brand ambassadors, that's all.

The best way for you to get an invite Tom would be to have the conversation with the Sales Manager or Sales Person you deal with most regularly at your local dealer.

BMW Group NZ is a wholesale organisation, they have very little direct contact with customers as this is why there is a Dealer Network to manage that part of the business. With the complaint letter to Head Office your details would have been passed on to your local dealer (and the magazine sent), for them to follow up.

With all due respect Jon, but I feel that's pretty typical of 'passing the buck' attitude I get from the whole BMW network (dealer and wholesale level).

If BMW NZ can deal directly with warranty issues on a national level with new products sold, I see no reason why it can't also do the same with these "invite" events? Surely it is in its vested interest to see that these events are run properly and efficiently and cater to those customers that matter (I am making a big presumption here obviously to think that I matter - I probably don't in the grand scheme of things and basically from what you are telling me).

I get that sometimes these events are done to entice new business from those who aren't already buying - but honestly 13 years and not one invite. And obviously the letter to head office made no difference whatsoever to the dealership network. If what you say is true, then I guess my gutt feeling was correct afterall - BMW doesn't want my business - I don't matter. Perfectly fine with me.

Just as a comparison ... and to illustrate my point that I was not bluffing about Porsche calling me, this was the weekend just gone by and the invitation I got to see the launch for this (wasn't in the market for one, but nevertheless, Porsche were happy to introduce me to the brand):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even offered me a drive of this if I fancied:

Posted Image

Then gave me these to take away just because ...

Posted Image

I also find what you say to be a little strange Jon. Because what BMW NZ does here seems vastly different to what BMW US, BMW UK and basically the rest of BMW around the world would normally do. I've seen and heard first hand accounts of complaints that really have nothing much to do with BMW UK directly (caused by secondary contracted party on repairing E46 rear floors) and the complaints went to BMW UK directly - BMW UK never hesitated to sort the problems out for the customer. Because customer experiences matter to them - wholesale or not, it reflects on the brand, it reflects on the synergy with customers.

Perhaps time BMW NZ reflect on how these events are run and how they should go about running them - because I am telling you as a customer - 13years is way too long for that invite.

Rant over.

Edited by M3_Power

I don't know what goes on at BMW HQ but I would have an account manager for each dealership who carries a big stick to keep their sales team in line. Sending a complaint on does not a resolution get.

It would also be interesting to see how much training BMW NZ provides to the dealership teams - if you want a distributor or franchise network to really embrace your core values and culture, you need to bring them into the family and train them. And no, that's not just sending everyone for a boozy weekend once a year in Queenstown.

Sadly for me my phone is connected directly to our centre sales line - our team in the field should be the first port of call for customers/prospects yet I still get phone calls about people not following up leads or clients who need help. Most of the time these people just want to vent and know they've been listened to. It's like the example above:

- Visit to showroom (low/no cost)

- Giveaways (less than $100)

And then the person visits the BMW forum to tell everyone how great Porsche is = WIN.

Just to add also .... still not a whisper from anyone from BMW at all about this.

I am honestly not asking to be invited to every single event (heck who has the time to attend them all!!) - but nothing at all during my 13 years ownership experience is pretty poor in my opinion no matter which way you spin the story or pass the buck.

It's also not like BMW NZ doesn't know about this - I do have fb friend who are closely linked with the head office, dealerships ect - I also know that they do sometimes browse these forums (not often, but they have done so in the past).

I am most likely not doing myself any favours posting this on such a public arena - but my intentions are clear BMW NZ needs to know about this first hand - from a customer, how else could they improve?

I do want to know what BMW Germany might think about this - given the 10th anniversary of the CSL and a big attendance from BMW AG who are hosting the events, I might just relay this experience to those attending from the UK and get them to send it to BMW AG and see what they think and whether this is the sort of experience they'd like their customers to have.

p.s. just to be clear, I am refering to new product launches - especially M related ones where there are track driving and product comparison - not talking about driver training - I get those through the email because Mike knows me quite well, but nothing at all during the 13 year tenure on new M products.

Edited by M3_Power

Rant over.

You owe me another coffee now.

Looks like Porsche are doing the right thing. I'll bet they're amazing cars to drive but I can't say that I've ever liked the way they look. Just not a fan. Sorry. Don't blame you if you decide not to persist with an organisation that isn't delivering on service though.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, or had some sort of disclaimer at the bottom of the post. To be clear, nothing I post is in any way an official BMW NZ communication or view. I am nowhere near high enough up the tree for that honour. Even to the point of using "they" rather than "we" in the post above. Trying to keep my use of Bimmersport separate to my work, as i wish to, is proving a little more difficult than I thought.

My response was merely intended as the sharing of some information and trying to help a fellow bimmersporter with a suggestion of how to solve an issue.

Note: any views or opinions expressed are entirely those of the individual concerned.

I can remember getting the BMW magazine for free (for a year? maybe more???) after having some work done at Jerry Claytons... in the 90's though :D

Also got hundreds of dollars in vouchers sent out. Apparently they were supposed to be when you spend this much, this voucher entitles you to this much discount, but they weren't - they were actual vouchers, as good as cash! I drove around buying stuff without spending anything :lol: I still have the Calvin Klein undies from a shop in the Atrium on Elliot.

I still have the Calvin Klein undies from a shop in the Atrium on Elliot.

13+ year old gruts... See, you get what you pay for, just like cars. Buy cheap and they'd have disintegrated in a year.

PS Can I just remind everyone that the F10 M5 and M135i were both f*cking mental, irrespective of anything BMW NZ has done (or not done, as the case appears to be)!!

Edited by jeffbebe

PS Can I just remind everyone that the F10 M5 and M135i were both f*cking mental,

Maybe the M5 should come standard with that weird/ghey air freshener thing from the 3 series... it should hide the smell of passenger (or driver) vomit :lol:

I'm sure a lot of you have been through the Mangamukas up north (south of Kaitaia). I once made myself vomit there... there's over 130 corners between the 2 signs saying there's lots of corners for the next 13kms B)

Sucks doing it in the work Hiace though.

Maybe the M5 should come standard with that weird/ghey air freshener thing from the 3 series... it should hide the smell of passenger (or driver) vomit :lol:

Great feedback... I'll pass that on.

I have to be honest and say that Tom is right here. My own experience is similar!

I have purchased a New E46 M3 in 2005, then a New X5 in 2007, new M5 in 2009, new 535d in 2011 and now a second hand 2012 M5 (through turners auctions), and now a E46 M3 CSL through Turners as well.

In that time I have been invited to the F10 M5 launch only. Our local dealer runs a few track days which have been good and I have also gone to driver training (at my cost).

In the same time I would get invited and go to at least 2 Audi days each year free of charge. Not surprising we have a RS4 as well now!

Porsche has also been proactive and I've had a few and presently own quite a special one.

BMW could certainly pick up its game.

I too have given up, even though I'm only buying parts through the dealers. I totalled up the amount I had spent with them and it was around half a price of a new 3 series over the last 8 years and also put several customers through them who have all bought cars. The local parts guy was excellent however he only so much pull. Never got an invite, while indicating that I would definitely be keen. They also knew what I was building too at the time.

I'm in tom's boat these days .. gave up a few years ago caring. As a result I just don't buy there anymore and also stopped lending on favours and advice to their workshop.

However it wasn't all one way, I managed to get to sit in an m1 and the hans stuck group 5 car. That was pretty special.

My lucky run is continuing....

I won lotto:

post-16586-1366941074.jpeg

And Ray let me have a little spin in 8M3... And let me tell you it's everything and more than you imagine! KAPOW!!!

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=449782

And the noise it makes!! AMAZING! I want to record it and put it on repeat on my iPod. Tom - forget test driving new cars... Make one of these. I'll help!

Edited by jeffbebe

I want your luck Julian!!! Can I borrow it?

You owe me another coffee now.

Haha I do indeed!!!

Not surprising we have a RS4 as well now!

Audi must be doing it right, because we too have an "RS" in the garage!!!

I totalled up the amount I had spent with them and it was around half a price of a new 3 series over the last 8 years and also put several customers through them who have all bought cars.

I bet I've spent more at the Parts department than you Josh!! : P Hell I've even got my own account and dedicated email inbox at the parts department : P

Edited by M3_Power

I want your luck Julian!!! Can I borrow it?

I'll swap it for the CSL :ph34r:

Tell you what... My luck wouldn't buy a license plate bolt for any of your cars, so careful what you wish for Tom. My $27 could stretch to a couple of cups of coffee and a muffin though. Text me when your local!!