Sign in to follow this  
Jamex316

BMW E39 headers & exhaust system.

Get an E39 540i. The difference is astonishing.

Which difference? Cost to run difference? Don't want a gas guzzler as I do short distances a lot.

Which difference? Cost to run difference? Don't want a gas guzzler as I do short distances a lot.

Sorry must have misunderstood but assumed you wanted custom headers for performance gains. What are you hoping to achieve with new headers? Stock BMWs are pretty much as good as it gets for everyday use.

Rubbish! I gained 7kw and torque replacing standard manifolds with shorty headers to bolt to OEM front pipes on my E46. Not to mention fuel savings.

Rubbish! I gained 7kw and torque replacing standard manifolds with shorty headers to bolt to OEM front pipes on my E46. Not to mention fuel savings.

Is it that noticeable on short drives? Custom headers aren't that cheap, right?

Very noticeable Julian. Sold a few sets a while back for $375.00. Wreckers want $200+ for standard units.

Very noticeable Julian. Sold a few sets a while back for $375.00. Wreckers want $200+ for standard units.

Fair enough - I like to learn! How much for a set of headers to replace stock on M62tub44 in an E39 540i?!?

Check out motorsports downunder.

AU$2K for 540i headers! Think I'll put that on my 'nice to have but not in a hurry list'.

James - if headers for yours are only $375 then go for it!!!! I was imagining $2K+ like the headers for the 540i.

Edited by jeffbebe

AU$2K for 540i headers! Think I'll put that on my 'nice to have but not in a hurry list'.

Mmm costly, but I think for what they offer it's pretty competitive.

Look like a decent equal length 4-1 type, backed by a 3 year warranty.

Though, dyno results after tuning would be good to see.

I can tell you this guy is gougeing big time! He is paying about US $250 for a set of V8 headers.

I can tell you this guy is gougeing big time! He is paying about US $250 for a set of V8 headers.

Jesus! Where do I get a set for US$250????

Shorty headers? Who did them for you?

No sorry, have rear header only. Pm'd you some time back on this topic. Only have long unit left which make more power but require mod to exhaust.

Are you able to get an RHD M30 headers the dont the earth?

Hi Jared, yes got some while ago. Silver fox and a couple of other racers grabbed them.

Made big gains, especially if high lift cam employed.

Sorry, demand was very low. I need multiple orders to allow production.

No sorry, have rear header only. Pm'd you some time back on this topic. Only have long unit left which make more power but require mod to exhaust.

Out of curiosity, what would a set of headers to suit an E36 325i be worth?

I'd definitely be interested in E39 540 headers if they were under NZ$1000, otherwise I'll probably look at the Dinan manifold.

I'd definitely be interested in E39 540 headers if they were under NZ$1000, otherwise I'll probably look at the Dinan manifold.

I would too for your v8!!!