Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

No subs - E30 M3

Every time I see this type of video I think about selling my race car and buying an M3, would love one one day but think by the time I can justify one they will be over 100k.

One day I would like mine to sound like that :P

The sound is very typical of a car with the DTM Carbon airbox, but the footage of the engine bay, it looks kinda standard Maybe it is carbon, but painted or lacquered black.

Can't really tell what it's made from, but certainly a DTM style airbox and inlet trumpets which will give that horny induction roar.

Definately not a standard airbox.

You're 95% of the way there Bruce, an air-box and a sports exhaust and you'll be there mate!!

A lot of 4 cylinders sound.... bad! I've yet to hear a driftboy get an SR20 sounding that good. That sounds awesome!

You sort your car out Bruce, and I'll drive it back and forth so you can listen to it ;)

Epic sound! Love it

Don't forget customs will want to sting you for 15% GST on that price as well... bastards!

The guy that sells those is on s14.net, user name Markus, often does special pricing on there for forum members which works out quite a bit cheaper usually.

Plus you will need the Alpha-N fuel management piggy-back ECU or similar as you no longer have the AFM for the standard system. Does give a good rise in power as well as the noise though so would be well worth it.

This will be the first modification I do once I finally get an S14 motor that is for certain!

Can't really tell what it's made from, but certainly a DTM style airbox and inlet trumpets which will give that horny induction roar.

Definately not a standard airbox.

You're 95% of the way there Bruce, an air-box and a sports exhaust and you'll be there mate!!

Exhaust is probably the next on list as this one is a bit shagged - anyone got an Eisenmann back box laying around :rolleyes: I'll take suggestions for something else. Centre section should survive after cat remove.