Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

2000 E39 540i Motorsport

Awesome pics Julian. Just looks mint, bigtime!! I'd always thought my car was reasonably tidy for its age, but its got nothing on some of the gorgeous stuff in site like this - mines the poor cousin, haha!

Thanks mate. A lot of them don't start out mint though! If yours is the poor cousin now give it a few months and a lot loving and it'll soon be the rich uncle! Also get Photoshop and a nice camera! hahah

Looks glorious after the cut and polish. Black is such a bitch to get looking that good.

What DSLR's do you guys have?

Looks glorious after the cut and polish. Black is such a bitch to get looking that good.

What DSLR's do you guys have?

Thanks, happy to take some pics of yours... Would be great to get some pics of it lined up with mine and Martin's M5 (BreakMyWindow) at the dyno day in a couple of weeks. Will bring the camera. It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3.

:wub: I've sooooooooooo gotta stop looking at these pics!!! Just gorgeous - these pics get 10 outa 10 from me.

haha! Thanks... Pretty much anything looks awesome when you've got Tom's M3 CSL in the shot though!

Yeah, nice. It was the Alpina leather trim that inspired mine. Pity this set's missing a piece otherwise I'd consider it... Although for $200 + shipping from the UK I reckon I could a decent job of leather trimming my own... Next DIY maybe?!

Yeah, nice. It was the Alpina leather trim that inspired mine. Pity this set's missing a piece otherwise I'd consider it... Although for $200 + shipping from the UK I reckon I could a decent job of leather trimming my own... Next DIY maybe?!

Yeah. Red cows must be expensive.

I'd rather hunt out an extended leather dash B)

Pinched one of Adeeb's shots from the meet last weekend... ;) Looks plenty tough enough on standard motorsport II suspension IMO. Can't fathom why anyone lowers their cars more than that?

11046100204_369cdf75f4_z.jpg
Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 2

Awesome snap there, Jooles/Adeeb. Those spacers have done the trick for sure. Looks tough as.

Nice job, makes me feel guilty for not washing / polishing mine for a while!!

Xmas clean earlier today and a chance to show off the new streamlined look with the ACS wing mirrors. Surprisingly big difference. Looking forward to some Xmas cruising.

11529280003_67b998401e_z.jpg
11529195914_fe541acde9_z.jpg
  • Like 1

you have done an outstanding job.I would have kept the chrome grill surround i think just to give a little contrast to the front.An auto trimmer could do the leather thing on the trim peices quite cheaply I think

you have done an outstanding job.I would have kept the chrome grill surround i think just to give a little contrast to the front.An auto trimmer could do the leather thing on the trim peices quite cheaply I think

Thanks. It did have PFL chrome kidneys when I got it but it just looked a bit fussy with the splitters (which are CF so much greyer than the look in the pics) IMO. Good re: trimmer - I guess it wouldn't be that much to do it. Will get some prices in the New Year.

Would like to replace the b/w roundels with genuine but haven't had much luck finding 82mm curved blue/white aluminium stickers for the wheel caps.

Edited by jeffbebe

Looking so clean!

Can I drop my car off for you to clean too??

haha, thanks! Pretty certain yours get a similar treatment anyway - at least it looks like it whenever I see it!!

• Like 1

Sunny day and she's still clean since last week's Wenderholm meet so thought it was worth taking a quick snap.

post-16586-0-91976500-1390612149_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice pic - looks soooo unreal somehow that it almost looks like a pic of a toy, bar the rego label in the windscreen - awesome shot........... :wub:

Just taken a break from watching the cricket. That`s an awesome car..and I remember the 528 as well.