post-16586-1371909335.jpg

post-16586-1371909384.jpg

post-16586-1371909378.jpg

post-16586-1371909372.jpg

post-16586-1371909392.jpg

post-16586-1371909356.jpg

post-16586-1371909346.jpg

Edited by jeffbebe

WAY too shiney - I'll send you a car wash brush - that'll fix it quick smart! :P

Looks awesome!

WAY too shiney - I'll send you a car wash brush - that'll fix it quick smart! :P

Looks awesome!

It's not as shiny as it looks, so far my cut and polish attempts have been average... But photoshop is a wonderful thing for making my car look as perfect as possible!

:D

Edited by jeffbebe

It's not as shiny as it looks, so far my cut and polish attempts have been average... But photoshop is a wonderful thing for making my car looks as perfect as possible!

:D

Having seen it in person I don't think PS can take too much credit haha. Looks brilliant Julian, wheels and interior touches tied up perfectly.

Looks sh*t hot! Good work

Looks awesome, everything ties together nicely.

I am not normally a fan of black grilles, but in your case it works

Well done!

Great looking car - never been there but feel like an E39

Thanks, I can't get enough of them but you'd need a 540 or M5 after your E46 M3!!

Looks awesome, everything ties together nicely.

I am not normally a fan of black grilles, but in your case it works

Well done!

Thanks, appreciate it.

Nice, love a tidy black BMW.

Round 1 cut and polish and paint chip touch up complete... Shiny as f*ck!! It was getting a bit dark by the time I got home though...

post-3670-0-98761400-1379810359_thumb.pn

post-825-0-58294500-1379810901_thumb.png

post-3670-0-30706400-1379811125_thumb.pn

post-447-0-29451600-1379815552_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-52083200-1379822173_thumb.jpg

post-48994-0-24174500-1379823157.jpg

post-15830-0-92859800-1379826431.jpg

Stunning! What camera do you use?

It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3... Awesome cameras and pretty cheap these days. We got ours a few years ago duty free.

Happy to take some shots of yours sometime - they'd make a nice couple!

Edited by jeffbebe

It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3... Awesome cameras and pretty cheap these days. We got ours a few years ago duty free.

Happy to take some shots of yours sometime - they'd make a nice couple!

Cool thanks - Your shots always come out great. I'm slowly trying to improve my DSLR skills but my dusk shots always look grainy!

A duo photoshoot could be fun!

Cool thanks - Your shots always come out great. I'm slowly trying to improve my DSLR skills but my dusk shots always look grainy!

A duo photoshoot could be fun!

If your camera's a good one you should be able to set the ISO sensitivity to high for shooting in low light without flash or a tripod (though if you use a tripod you'll get better results). If your camera's also got a noise reduction function it's worth switching that on. ISO is the image sensitivity. You'd use normal in good light for optimum shots but you need high in low light so the camera stablises the image and captures as much light as possible with the fastest shutter speed so camera shake doesn't make your pics blurry. Noise reduction helps get rid of the grainy effect you might often see in low light pics. You can't do much in post production if the original image quality isn't up to much though.

My camera's got an amazing auto ISO system so I rarely have to do much work myself. Most decent new cameras have this and there should be a button for the auto setting somewhere on the camera body (usually near the shutter release). If not, have a hunt through the camera's menu settings and see what you can find.

Best way to learn is to use an older dslr and figure out what settings work in what conditions. Then you can start using those new high tech auto settings and still get what you want.

My personal tip: when shooting in low light without tripod, boost ISO to like 1000 then change to black and white. It basically removes all the noise and you get some nice shots. Works well for street photography.

And this has nothing to do with Julian's car. My bad

AJ @ The Glossmaster, did a final cut and polish today with some new Scholl products. Outstanding results.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jeffbebe

Such good results!

It's always a joy to see photos of your car. Can't fault it. And us spec bootlid has grown on me :)

Such good results!

It's always a joy to see photos of your car. Can't fault it. And us spec bootlid has grown on me :)

Thanks

Great photos man ... Love it

Cheers Josh. I enjoy photographing cars and getting better at it all the time. It was a bit bright yesterday arvo though, if I'd had time I would have done it a little later as the sun was going down to get some cool colours and less dazzle!

Alright... So the real star of this show is not my 540i but Tom's E46 M3 CSL. Feast your eyes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[uPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That looks so sexy.

Awesome pics Julian. Just looks mint, bigtime!! I'd always thought my car was reasonably tidy for its age, but its got nothing on some of the gorgeous stuff in site like this - mines the poor cousin, haha!