Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Genuine Alpina BMW's

I was of the understanding that genuine Alpinas had in-house developed engines?

Or did they offer cosmetics only options a la AC Schnitzer too?

I kinda feel sorry for them, especially if they were told that they were Alpina models when they bought them.

2nd link is hilarious

Irony of ACS (replica) wheels

I kinda feel sorry for them, especially if they were told that they were Alpina models when they bought them.

I was thinking the same thing

Alpina Conversion costs about 82 bucks, might have to hunt down an E39 version :lol:

Don't forget $30 odd for the badge!

i dont recall alpine using 10degrees of rear camber in their setups.

or "tuning" a 318

Why is the seller of the white E36 supplying a pic' of a bit of 100mm wood? Does he not know you can have the "body kit" (side skirts) as low as you like? It's all the mechanical and structual bits that have to be above 100mm.

Also, why do people insist on putting the Alpina boot badge on the wrong side? It should be on the drivers side, so right hand drive = right side, left hand drive = left side. I guess i'll put it down to too much trolling for pic's on the interweb looking at Alpinas pfft.

Next we just need a 116i bogger with a Alpina badge to make it a full blown Alpina. We live above the snowline in Dunedin, does that make my two BMW's Al-Pine-ers?

Why is the seller of the white E36 supplying a pic' of a bit of 100mm wood? Does he not know you can have the "body kit" (side skirts) as low as you like? It's all the mechanical and structual bits that have to be above 100mm.

Also, why do people insist on putting the Alpina boot badge on the wrong side? It should be on the drivers side, so right hand drive = right side, left hand drive = left side. I guess i'll put it down to too much trolling for pic's on the interweb looking at Alpinas pfft.

Interesting, I dont know the correct way for sure, have never really liked alpina stuff except the wheels, but i thought Alpina was supposed to be on the left and the model on the right as shown?

Whats the AC Schnitzer one? my understanding is it's always on the right, with a model number delete, unless its an S3/S5 etc, when it is on the left and the S5 badge on the right?

Haha 100% stock E39.

Mobile phone pictures for the advert too.

Sigh.

I could only assume they use cooking oil for the engine lubrication with that level of logic.

Mobile phone pictures for the advert too.

Sigh.

I could only assume they use cooking oil for the engine lubrication with that level of logic.

I bet you that isn't too uncommon. Similar to dishwahing liquid in the dishwasher ;)

I bet you that isn't too uncommon. Similar to dishwahing liquid in the dishwasher ;)

Posted Image