Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Heres my toy - blue E34 540i :-)

Hi Guys

Right - lets see if I can load some pics of my car.......might take a while......!!

Specs - NZ new 540i, 170ish kms, stock standard condition, even down to being fitted with OE roof rack & basket when purchased (since removed!!). Has traction control & I'm confident its got a lsd in it too. been well serviced & looked after.....

Ive a wee list of things I want to do to it over time as funds allow, but not to the extent that it can'nt be easily returned to its current condition - picture it as 'parts out, parts in' sorta thing, rather than getting all excited with a grinder & FBH...... :)

Hmm, hang on - might take a bit longer yet too............ :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Wahoo - holy snapping duck $hit!! Finally got pics happening - unreal!!!!!!!!! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Build date - 1/09/95 - has her birthday next month......... :lol:

Edited by Blue-540i

i'd like to see the picture where you clicked it has a LSD ? ;)

i'd like to see the picture where you clicked it has a LSD ? ;)

Lols, umm - 'foot slipped'...........and the traction control might have somehow been switched off at the time - dunno how that happened but will get my people to look into it....... :)

Much like my people with have another crack at loading pics tonight........it ended with words rhyming with 'truck' being said last night........

car looks great. needs to be a bit lowered i think maybe some different wheels but not urgent.

afaik e34 540 with traction control dont have lsd.Use one off hte vin decoders to see what options you have.Someone may have added one of course

car looks great. needs to be a bit lowered i think maybe some different wheels but not urgent.

Totally agree!!! ;) Plans are springs, wheels, tint it, open exhaust a bit, maybe a rear spoiler, & then just leave it alone really........

Some unkooooool bits have already 'fallen off', like roof rack, rear 540 badge, red panel around rear number plate...... :)

After owning an e34 for a few weeks now I bloody love them. Such solid crusers, I'd love to drive the v8 however.

afaik e34 540 with traction control dont have lsd.Use one off hte vin decoders to see what options you have.Someone may have added one of course

Yea, that was my info too Paul - I've since done a VIN check (thanks to site info, yay!!), & its not showing on option list there......

Nice! Car looks great!

+1 on the manlier exhaust tip needed

Lols - I'm open to hints as to what works good on these as an exhaust...........gotta sound good though too. :)

very nice , always like a black e34 540i

yea most e34 540i dont have lsd , but they do have a tight diff which acts a bit like a lsd.

would look orsome with these wheels

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-624758109.htm

:)

Oh thank god you took off the red plate surround thing. I duno but that's the biggest eye sore IMO

very nice , always like a black e34 540i

yea most e34 540i dont have lsd , but they do have a tight diff which acts a bit like a lsd.

would look orsome with these wheels

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-624758109.htm

:)

I like its colour, its deep blue, but yea, certainly looks black.......pain to keep clean though....!!

Yea - I think it'd look great on those rims too - that's what I want for it probably - it'll just have to wait a bit at the mo... ;)

Trouble is there's sooooooo many great rims out there for them - like, what am I supposed to do.......somedays I want Alpina's - other days its the ACS rims - but yea, those 17s on link, have a few E34's as my screensaver in my colour with them, & they look sharrrrrrrrp.........

Edited by Blue-540i

lol i would have kept the red plate surround and the badge! funny how we are all different.

plenty of bolt in exhaust options out there, anywhere for a few hunderd to a few grand, depends what you want

Very nice buy Phil. Interior looks like it's in VERY good condition!

I had a 540i a few years ago, wonderful machine, practical, comfortable with definitive classic BMW styling, 0-100 in 6.5 seconds. Can't ask for much more!

I like your passion too, always makes a difference!!

Very nice buy Phil. Interior looks like it's in VERY good condition!

I had a 540i a few years ago, wonderful machine, practical, comfortable with definitive classic BMW styling, 0-100 in 6.5 seconds. Can't ask for much more!

I like your passion too, always makes a difference!!

Hi Michael. Thanks for the kind comments, & yes - they do get up & go well - very deceptive at speed too. :) Interior is mint on it - drivers floor mat has got a wear hole in it from a heel, & drivers headrest doesn't go up or down electrically (heaven only knows how I'll cope without needing counselling..... :rolleyes: ), that's about it. I've found a link that shows how to fix the headrest, so I guess that'll be a Saturday job sometime over some amber Fantas....

Hi Michael. Thanks for the kind comments, & yes - they do get up & go well - very deceptive at speed too. :) Interior is mint on it - drivers floor mat has got a wear hole in it from a heel, & drivers headrest doesn't go up or down electrically (heaven only knows how I'll cope without needing counselling..... :rolleyes: ), that's about it. I've found a link that shows how to fix the headrest, so I guess that'll be a Saturday job sometime over some amber Fantas....

one of the best things about e 34s is there is a huge pool pf knowledge out there

Well, been doing a few things to the little blue beast - midway through doing, & redoing, & damn, that's still NOT right so redoing window tints (In fairness, I've never done it before myself - usually just pay someone else to do my utes, & now I know why I take that option - grrrrrrrr!!).

Thanks to member Brent HARTGE535i, theres that set of BBS 740 alloys in the process of being cleaned up a bit & going under the girl.......
On same note - I'm very grateful to Bmrmad (aka Hans / Dutchy) for sorting transport on rims & tyres for me - "thanks heaps"!!!! :)
Rims - I was going to get centres powder-coated black, but I've changed my mind - I'm polishing lips myself, after removing the clear-coat they've got on them, as well as taking out as many of the curb marks I can @ same time....
Local Hella rep found me some yellow H1 bulbs for the high beams, which when fitted didn't really inspire me much really. Brought some super white 100W ones off tarde me, which still might see me going back to what I took out originally...... :rolleyes: I love it when ya go round & round in circles for nothing, haha......next step will be 'fixing' the exhaust I think......
Re polishing up the rims - 3 goes with paint stripper & waterblaster seems to nail the clear-coat, then 320,600 & then 1000 wet & dry, followed up by copious amounts of Mother's alloy polish seems to do the trick I reckon......removes worse of marks anyway at miminal cost.
So yea, been spending a bit of time out in the shed lately.....
fxs755.jpg

n183sj.jpg

Away next week to get exhaust 'fixed' - decat , muffler delete, etc.......

Edited by Blue-540i

Style 42's - Best BMW wheels ever ;)

except for cleaning :angry:

I'd agree re the cleaning bit......theres been a bit of 'muttering' while doing it.......!!!

Funny, as theres a E39 running around locally I've seen a few times lately, with the same rims fitted - they look like they've never been cleaned since day 1, poor thing.

I toyed between these & AC Schnitzer rims for a fair while. Theres LOTS I like, but probably a bit OTT having half a dozen sets sitting in the shed, so these will be fine......... :)

Edited by Blue-540i