Sign in to follow this  
jake1829

E92 335i Modification Project

Ok, I've booked a dyno for next Friday am with Ross, so will let you know. Probably need to do the intake also but will look to add that maybe when I do the DP - you recon BMS intake is as good as any? What's the intake supposed to add in terms of HP?

From what i have read/seen - intakes could be up to maybe 15HP - BMS DCI's are like $110 US , other kits are like $500 US+ - cold air intake systems may be better option in a climate where its hot and humid

Quick question...what fuel you using?

I put the Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive on yesterday and performance is awesome. Big diff. Worried about fuel and timing corrections now with boost getting up to 18psi at start of WOT. Will data log and send to Cobb - think it's all ok and can't hear anything bad...but need to make sure I'm on best fuel. There's a lot of miss info on what to use...BP Ultimate is only MAX 98 whereas Gull F10 is better and is it E85...bit confusing...do you (or anyone else) know what's what here?

I put the Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive on yesterday and performance is awesome. Big diff. Worried about fuel and timing corrections now with boost getting up to 18psi at start of WOT. Will data log and send to Cobb - think it's all ok and can't hear anything bad...but need to make sure I'm on best fuel. There's a lot of miss info on what to use...BP Ultimate is only MAX 98 whereas Gull F10 is better and is it E85...bit confusing...do you (or anyone else) know what's what here?

The F10 is an E10 98 octane fuel (so 10% Ethanol and 90% Petroleum)

I believe that still the only place you can get E85 at pump in NZ is in Hamilton and is the Force Pro.

Am using BP Ultimate 98

Ya, car's a lot of fun once running a tune :D

When i looked for e85 options, the only place that is in auckland for e85(Gull Force Pro) is Gull Pukekohe

Gull Force 10 is 95 + 10% ethanol from the datasheet, if i was going to run ethanol - imo would only do it if it was e85 and widely available in auckland due to your consumption is higher when running ethanol blends

Just ordered an intercooler so I can also do the Stage 1+ , VR speed factory also have some well priced down pipes. Just after I ordered my cobb they released the V3 so bummed

Which intercooler did you get? did you end up buying downpipes?

i saw a thread where Cobb is doing a upgrade path - you can send your old cobb to them and pay a upgrade fee to get the V3 version

Was at bmworkshop yesterday getting some new dyno baselines before the downpipes & exhaust were installed

Current mods on: FMIC, Bov, OCC, DCI, 20inch wheels & tyres

Run@factory map - 238HP....i was like..i lost HP :( - 253HP was the measure before

then realized they with the new 20inch wheels, not the factory 19's when i did the initial baseline

Run@OFT Map1 - 316HP - afr/boost/torque numbers looked good :D

Will post the graphs once i get them emailed , will be interesting to see the dyno difference with catless downpipes/exhaust

Edited by jake

Saw this drive down great south road near Penrose few weeks ago. Looking good on the Vossens

I went with the VR speed 7" Intercooler which is due to leave shortly. Haven't ordered down pipes yet as I am supposed to being using my money for a honeymoon. But when I do i will go with vr speed again and I am keen in the injen air intake.

Do you have an oil cooler?

Yes, just the factory oil cooler

Saw this drive down great south road near Penrose few weeks ago. Looking good on the Vossens

ty :D

was down there to see chris@autoquip about the KW V3 coilovers, hopefully getting them installed this week if they don't run out of time at bmworkshop

True true. If ur ever in the area again drop by my shop. It's a small sushi cafe 761 great south road. Would love to see the car in person, will provide free lunch :D

• Like 1

Any of you guys got a factory intake for your 335's you want to sell, customer is after one as the previous owner put pod filters on it and a JB4(horrible thing, was blocking OBD fault codes and the car wasnt happy). All fixed now with a proper remap. Just need to find him a OEM intake system!

True true. If ur ever in the area again drop by my shop. It's a small sushi cafe 761 great south road. Would love to see the car in person, will provide free lunch :D

Definitely will do , thanks :D

Any of you guys got a factory intake for your 335's you want to sell, customer is after one as the previous owner put pod filters on it and a JB4(horrible thing, was blocking OBD fault codes and the car wasnt happy). All fixed now with a proper remap. Just need to find him a OEM intake system!

Am keeping all my factory stuff in case down the road i sell the car and return it back to factory state

Ok, I've booked a dyno for next Friday am with Ross, so will let you know. Probably need to do the intake also but will look to add that maybe when I do the DP - you recon BMS intake is as good as any? What's the intake supposed to add in terms of HP?

Nice catching up with you at BMworkshop Botany this morning, how did the dyno testing go?

Yeah likewise. Dyno went pretty well I think. For a Cobb stage 1 + FMIC I got 310 RWHP. And 450 ft/lb at @2400 rpm. So pretty happy.

Just looking at those VRSF downpipes - look nice and well priced! can also get them coated. So probably do that in next few days. May look at just getting the mid cats taken out and replaced with resonators...after speaking with Dan at Adrenaline R. Pretty cost effective as he recons stock pipes are a good size.

Thanks for heaps up Matt 0 on the downpipes!

How'd the skid go?

Yeah likewise. Dyno went pretty well I think. For a Cobb stage 1 + FMIC I got 310 RWHP. And 450 ft/lb at @2400 rpm. So pretty happy.Just looking at those VRSF downpipes - look nice and well priced! can also get them coated. So probably do that in next few days. May look at just getting the mid cats taken out and replaced with resonators...after speaking with Dan at Adrenaline R. Pretty cost effective as he recons stock pipes are a good size.Thanks for heaps up Matt 0 on the downpipes!How'd the skid go?

Pretty nice figures

The BMW skidpan event on Friday was quite a bit of fun, quite interesting how much your DTC and DSC system does when you're trying to slide the backend out - keen to do it again

Had the downpipes, exhaust, and KW V3 coilovers installed

Will edit thread when i get the pics and dyno runs

OFT Map1 @ 342HP

Running logs from some 3rd-4gear runs and it looks like i'm leaking boost somewhere - back @bmworkshop on Monday for a smoke test to find the leak and get some runs done so i can get a new customised map for my setup before next Saturday dyno run

s04.JPG

o1wr.jpg

p7jb.jpg

04pc.jpg

Edited by mod335

Next week @bmworkshop the following will be installed (just in time for trackday on the 24th @hampton downs)

Wavetrak LSD: http://www.limited-slip.com/acatalog/How_A_Wavetrac_LSD_Works.html

DEFIV lockdown kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPCNkL6HPE

ECS Boost Guage: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2594189/Video310-HD/

New Engine Cover: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2542524/

Resonators being added to my exhaust setup (too raspy for my liking at the moment)

Edited by mod335

Lookin good. Love the M stripe on the grill too

Got the final bits installed this week except the boost guage (its seems to be angled for LHD drivers - and they told me it wasn't :angry:

Wavetrak LSD

DEFIV lockdown kit

91dl.jpg

twnn.jpg

nn0m.jpg

tc85.jpg

l4ud.jpg

vzfo.jpg

9mqy.jpg

a55o.jpg

t7se.jpg

1dqc.jpg

gaw9.jpg

gpmu.jpg

h2x1.jpg

42sx.jpg

Been running a e40 map the last couple of weeks , been quite happy how perky it's been :D

got it up on the dyno this arvo , was quite hot and humid when doing the runs -

sdc6.jpg

• Like 1

"Perky" ?!?!?!?!

Those are some nice figures for a daily! :)

:D

I have a inline walbro pump on it's way so i can run e85 - will be quite interested to see the comparison - only worrying thing at the moment is the torque on the AT transmission ~ 640 Nm :blink:

Edit******

Looks like around 550wtq is the so called "safe" limit on the alpina flashed AT , - which is about 745 Nm

Edited by mod335

Om nom nom!!

What has this cot you so far, out of interest? :)

a fair bit <_<

Edited by mod335
  • Like 1