Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Trademe post of the day........ :-)

Seriously, there's a whole new breed of car owner out there that just knows NOTHING...........the kind that maybe have slip-on shoes due to not being able to tie shoe-laces......

Good thing there's some helpful souls that are prepared to gently steer them in the right direction with kind words, group hugs, & tact by the truckload...... :lol:

"wow you managed to list it as a convertible, a model that doesn't exist, and a 0cc engine. Ill help you out, this is a 518i, not a B51. and its not a convertable, but has a 1800cc engine..."

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-626152567.htm

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

"wow you managed to list it as a convertible, a model that doesn't exist, and a 0cc engine. Ill help you out, this is a 518i, not a B51. and its not a convertable, but has a 1800cc

Good old Andy, always there to help out...Or troll...;)

i dont often do that, on trade me especially. but i just couldnt let that one go

looks like they have updated it now. It was originally listed as a BMW B51 what ever that is

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

i dont often do that, on trade me especially. but i just couldnt let that one go

looks like they have updated it now. It was originally listed as a BMW B51 what ever that is

A hitherto unknown Alpina special...?? ;)

I personally like to bag on car dealers that have no idea what they are selling. Because certain car dealers really annoy me.

Your just a troll in general mike!

I personally like to bag on car dealers that have no idea what they are selling. Because certain car dealers really annoy me.

AND, they SHOULD know what they are doing..... but often don't :rolleyes:

Your just a troll in general mike!

They see me trollin', they hatin'

love the kinds that dont know sh*t about their car but are adamant an e36 318i is worth $16k

have recently seen a 1983 honda civic listed for 9K.

wasnt bumped up after sold as he relisted at that price 4 times.

They see me trollin', they hatin'

You are so white and nerdy!

I did something similar recelty not a bimmer but this skyline..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=625630117

Auction says 'CAM-Chain Driven (no cambelt)', I emailed them and said it is not chain driven it has a timing belt. They replied and said it is chain driven and please call if interested. I replied and said it is not chain driven, the car has an RB25DE motor which is belt driven. No response, still listed as chain driven.

Reminds me why I don't usually bother.

Try this guy for a tosser, he has had these listed for over a year and the tyres were 8 years old and knackered when I checked them out about 9 months ago.

He also has several other dodgy listings , runs a "Car sales" yard in Otahuhu

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-627638129.htm

Had a look at some of his listings... it's a wonder he sells anything at all.

annoyingly it's drongos like this that make it difficult to buy things for what they are worth.

^^^ Its one of those 'special models', not many around, or maybe its called 'covering all bases'........... ;) and when they 'fail' at selling cars, their next employment choice is selling real estate I reckon........ :rolleyes:

I have low pain thresh-holds these-days for sales persons that don't 'know their product' or / and have a lack of integrity.... I drop straight to "you're a oxygen thief - your lips are moving, so I KNOW you're lying........' mode if they're like that............

3.3 litre tiptronic M3 Convertible

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-626030944.htm

Headline says "Tiptronic" text description says 6 speed manual and photos show its actually an SMG

In dealers we trust YEAH RIGHT

in some ways thats trade me problem,perhaps thay should have more complete descriptions esp when one of ther search parameters is set by transmision type.they just trying to cover their bases.

i wonder in cases like this whether its people writing down the details of the vehicle and giving it to the receptionist to bang up on trade me? coz most 6 cylinders would be a V6 eh. hmm

Still. They are selling a very expencive product, even a $3k car is still expensive compared to other things we buy "every day". Youd think they would have a bit more care