Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Rowan's E30 Vert aka The Blueprincess

so do you park it in your garage/driveway and look at it or actually use it?

im sure that gap (if you can call it that) disappears very clearly with someone or two inside the car, a tank of gas

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Thats such a beautiful e30. Should get airbag suspension, its pretty comfy and you cam adjust height to your liking

so do you park it in your garage/driveway and look at it or actually use it?

im sure that gap (if you can call it that) disappears very clearly with someone or two inside the car, a tank of gas

Hahaha I drive it like... once a week, maybe fortnight.. Summer will be a different story though. I've owned it for nearly a year and have done just over 1,000km

Thats such a beautiful e30. Should get airbag suspension, its pretty comfy and you cam adjust height to your liking

Thanks man. I coouulld do, unsure if I wanna head down that path yet though.. It has crossed my mind

Edited by Cab

Hahaha I drive it like... once a week, maybe fortnight.. Summer will be a different story though. I've owned it for nearly a year and have done just over 1,000km

Thanks man. I coouulld do, unsure if I wanna head down that path yet though.. It has crossed my mind

Im looking forward to getting a shot of your car next to mine. You came to the Auckland meet at the Domain that I came up for didnt you? were you at that pub we all went to after? trying to work out if ive met you ha

Im looking forward to getting a shot of your car next to mine. You came to the Auckland meet at the Domain that I came up for didnt you? were you at that pub we all went to after? trying to work out if ive met you ha

Likewise. Yeah I came to the meet at Cornwall Park and went for a drive up to Silverdale/Puhoi but unsure if I met you. I met a few people haha so maybe

A couple more pics, with a decent camera this time

Good pics, love the colour.

I was at Cornwall Park and the Puhoi pub (but in the wagon not the Cab) pretty sure we said Hi, We should look at organising a Cabby meet when Andy is bringing his up to Aucks.. there are a few coming into the family now.

Sweet photos mate. My friend and I are keen to bring our cabbies along (if we're invited) when you decide to meet up.

From the looks of things we're going to have all different coloured cabbies for our cabrainbow

im free pretty well every weekend... if i leave after work Queen Street is just starting to rock by the time i get there.

I've been wondering, amateur question, but your spoiler is in fact not the Tech 1 spoiler right? I doing some forum palaeontology I found you asking for a Tech 1 spoiler sometime back.

Your spoiler seems to be a 2 part component, I've gotten myself a Tech 1 spoiler, the part numbers match with my tech 1 research, but it looks quite a bit smaller to yours. Going deeper in another thread it seemed like you and Ray from HellBM did a bit of work before you found this final piece.

It is identical to what I'm also looking for, after seeing in on the r3vlimited forums with "Nina/Simone" I've been looking for one for a while now.

no, Rowan and I both have a Tech1 spoiler, which is a two piece spoiler. post a picture of your one, Ill tell you what it is. Ive seen most E30 spoilers now

I am corrected. Spoke to my good friend tonight who is relatively experienced with E30's and it is in in fact just a standard E30 spoiler.

Looking around some diagrams I have got myself a reasonably good condition rear spoiler (P/N: 1 916 038). Was looking for your Tech 1 spoiler though (P/N: 9 057 958).

I understand they are extremely rare. Big call, but anyone know of any going?

Ha, I am going to the States mid November. With how the exchange rate is going I am tempted to pick one up there and bring it back.

I am thinking of grinding off the studs in this OEM spoiler though, and attaching it temporarily to the car as a bit of a fun project (got myself some SEM trim black and it's been a while since I had a good sanding and prepping session). I can't tell through any drawings I've found but I imagine the fastening points might not be the same for OEM and 2 piece Tech1 spoilers? If they're the same I might drill through instead.

Apologies for hijacking your fantastic thread!

Edited by tidyverty

Same mounting points as a standard spoiler so you can go ahead and drill it. I was advised to put some nail polish on the end of the threads then line it up in the boot lid and drop it down so

It touches to mark the spots where to drill.

Not that rare here really. More likely to find one here than in the USA, pretty sure tech1 cars were never offered there because its incompatible with their diving board bumpers

It shouldnt be too hard to find the spoiler, I got one from the first place I phoned. Check BMW wreckers they'll have one but you might just need to repaint it.

I am corrected. Spoke to my good friend tonight who is relatively experienced with E30's and it is in in fact just a standard E30 spoiler.

Looking around some diagrams I have got myself a reasonably good condition rear spoiler (P/N: 1 916 038). Was looking for your Tech 1 spoiler though (P/N: 9 057 958).

Thought I had one in the garage, but I have the same bit you have. I think it's actually the bottom part of a Tech 2 spoiler. I have a Tech 1, but it and the rest of the kit are attached to my cabbie.

Yeah it's quite misleading. The diagram shows them as if they were attached, but it seems they are in fact separate assemblies. I'm pretty sure the larger (tech 1) spoiler is attached regardless of the smaller (OEM) one being there or not.

Yeah it's quite misleading. The diagram shows them as if they were attached, but it seems they are in fact separate assemblies. I'm pretty sure the larger (tech 1) spoiler is attached regardless of the smaller (OEM) one being there or not.

no, its one or the other. just like you cant have bottle caps and weaves on your car at the same time.

Front lowered a touch more.

A Cab meet sounds good. I have just purchased some bbs reps! Wish I had waited and gone for the 16".

Is there a meet on this Sunday?

post-92-0-32374700-1384935322.jpg

post-92-0-55182100-1384935342.jpg

Edited by pommy

i can't come up this weekend, maybe the following one??

but you guys go ahead, I'm a long way away from you and probably decide on the weekend if i go

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Looks really good Chris. I saw you driving through Browns Bay last Sunday. Stopped and stared. Ha

Cheers Rowan. Yes I often cruise through Browns Bay!Sunday is really the only day it gets driven lol! All we seem to do these days is work.....