Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

E34 Touring resto progress

Primo!!! I'm glad for ya Juggy..............

Don't forget to change those tyres when the girl comes back to ya ae............... ;):)

have some 17" and 18" wheel options with tyres

^ thanks Brent, however it seems that the repairers have sourced style 5s specifically for the touring :gasp: (i was hoping for larger diameter wheels but insurance will only pay for originals :sigh:)

Front suspension arm and rear wheel bearing were the other damaged parts in addition to the wheels.

They say I should get the car back by the end of the week, as there was no chassis damage.

god work ,. now change those $hit tyres straight away eh!!!!

have some options

GAH. They called me up, saying that the SLS system THROWS UP A WARNING LIGHT ON THE DASH. THEY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THIS EARLIER.

EDIT: can the SLS system sustain damage in the less tham 50kph shunt?

Edited by The Juggernaut

Got your private message.

its probably going to perish anyways, they all do and expensive to fix "properly"

just swap some normal E34 suspension in and away you go. Sedan and Touring are the same so all cross compatible.

And do I need to short the CWS? how do I do that?

EDIT: Driven the car, perfectly fine, warning comes on only after 8 minutes, YAY for time delay circuits.

Edited by The Juggernaut

Finally some news.

Car died while testing, the electrician put in a fuel pump, it lives. still no data on reason for failure of SLS sensor.

they will be putting in a new sensor to see if the warning still comes back on.

let's see how things work out.

im not sure if its possible to read it in the E34, but you may possibly be able to suck some information from the car by getting it scanned and foussing on that system??? Glenn or someone like that may know.

praises to the gods! the car is good to go now. no further cost to me, but I feel my premiums may get higher.

the control module had some parts replaced and fixed, all seems good now. going to collect it tomorrow.

thanks to everyone for the help and advice, especially to Andy.,

Circumstances have changed. I may need to sell this beautiful machine, by August. will be asking $3,800. will have two sets of wheels ( the 16" set on the car and the old 15"set) will have a few other parts like the original clock, a spare obc(sans lamps), the ihka controller, tape player from an e30 and some wiring looms for a new head unit.

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested.