Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

E34 Touring resto progress

^ yes indeed :D ... but that does mean I'll be missing out on modifying it to a diesel :(

:rolleyes: Dunno if 'missing out' are the right words for THAT ae.......... :D

Fixed that "dead" lever on the gear lever, squeezed in a new spring. will be taking the centre console apart again, to attach the OBD as well as getting to the heater core, (here's hoping to clear out the coolant smell soon, and here's hoping it's just the o-rings)

Still Bleeding the car today :lol: ... air is getting in to the system somehow... wonder if it is the heater core...

If your heater box the electric type with horizontal dials, or the earlier mechanical type with rotary dials?

either way, as a start, make sure they are to full hot with the fan on full tit, see if that helps

horizontal dials. full ihka system. when I had it out, the car was getting proper heat. slight coolant scent then.

now, I have the core out, and no obvious signs of leakage or damage in the chamber, so i will just clean it all up, replace the perished foam seals (what would you recommend getting) and put it back together.

. Car did a beautiful 9l/100kms over the weekend ... travelling 1200kms and beautiful weather down to napier.

Today, not so nice. there is talk of the car being written off. :(:wacko:

Doesn't look like much, Bent wheels / Suspension? D1NZ into a curb?

Lucky you don't run replica wheels, Could have been alot worse :ph34r:

^ yes. but at 40kph into the curb, backwards. wheels are shot, suspension is being assessed. I sure hope the AA repairers will suss it out ... along with the SLS. ( I am mainly concerned about the SLS)

Is there a wee untold story here maybe..............??? ;) Or is backwards @ 40k into a curb just a 'normal' product test fail maybe or what.......... <_< Given the time you've put into it, I hope it works out for ya - assume ya want it fixed...???

Mate, it was raining, it was a gentle curve of a road with lots of oils and rotting leaves, I have those crappy chinese tyres that I had planned to change but never got around to changing, probably started aquaplaning and then the ABS started working overtime, lights were flashing. started spinning and hit the curb on the left (didn't cross the line) going backwards (yes the area was slick because it had new seal on them) and then spun around again and mounted the curb again. all i know is, I should not have spun doing such low speeds but it happened.

Yes I want it fixed. It is a beautiful car and I would be sore to miss it.

Edited by The Juggernaut

Bummer, roads get lethal when they're like that - just ends up slicker than snot on a door-knob, & the longer its been dry, the worse it is when it does rain..........something ya learn really quick on motorbikes.

Fingers crossed for ya ae. Probably doesn't help much, but it coulda been lots worse........... ;)

Dry weather for extended periods followed by rain is always a bit hariy. Throw shitty tyres on a big car and the equation gets even tougher.

Sorry to hear chief.

Guess you got caught slipping literally. Hopefully the trailing arms and\or subframes are ok.

Best of luck though

If they do write it off there's a chance you'll get first refusal on buying it off them :)

Is the threshold still around the 60% mark?

just make sure they they dont dereg it ,

keep it with you at your pleace etc

THANK GOODNESS! They said it's a repair job, but finding parts is tough. I will get in touch with them on Monday and get their details, so I can get in touch with Brent and whomever may have touring specific parts.