Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Trying to buy this...

FFS Clinton, stump up for the real thing. Go-on, go-on.

Haha, there's a nice one in Timaru/Oamaru too. Would really like a Blue Meanie.

Ahhh, bummer. Gotta remember though that a wof is only inspection for road worthiness 'at the inspection time' & you'd be surprised just how quick some rust can develope.......

Of course, there's always the odd wof inspector around that appears to go to work without their guide-dog - much like you I've been caught out in the past too......(turns me on no end - NOT!!!)

Many years ago in Southland, there used to be an outfit that would post your wof out to ya with the reminder......... :rolleyes:

Untrue, our family owns a tripple lane WOF centre here in Dunedin. There's no way full on rust holes can just happen in two weeks post issue of a WOF, I didn't notice it until the next day after buying the car. So if you can prove that last sentence, the issueing garage can repair it for you at their cost, if they refuse that then it can go through the appropriate channels, the rust on that car was an open/shut case. If it's a more wearable item like a tyre then you don't really have a leg to stand on, however corrosion such as below...

Rust hole on one of the sils:

post-2864-0-50809500-1381121358_thumb.jp

Edited by The Diesel Guy

NZ assembled SS, these cars have fantastic local history and were proper fast, faster than the Ausi version. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/commodore/auction-628554744.htm

That old girl has been about for a while. Worth every $$$ I expect but let down a bit probably due to no race history. IMO not the best looking one, the white just doesn't seem to work on them. They need Blue/Red/Black.

There's a Walkinshaw on TradeMe still for 95k.

I was saying that very tongue in cheek...........I well know rust doesn't turn into a hole in 2 weeks, even if the vehicle gets used as deck cargo on a submarine......did you have a go at the issuer?? I would've on something like that......

I was saying that very tongue in cheek...........I well know rust doesn't turn into a hole in 2 weeks, even if the vehicle gets used as deck cargo on a submarine......did you have a go at the issuer?? I would've on something like that......

Yup, they paid for the repairs :)

I see the seller of the red VH (origonal post) is bidding on this...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/vk/auction-645163762.htm

Just a follow up on this...

Car sold at auction, then a little bit later I get an offer from TradeMe asking to accept a buy now on the car as if to say the lead bid had fallen through. Would have to be one of the more dodgey auctions out there!

Lols - I got same FPO too..............I'm inclined to agree with ya. Hows it looking for a genuine one then......??? :) If I had the money, that 1 owner SLR would already be in my shed...... ;):D

Come on Westy, that's called 'tormenting the poor ba$tard'..................well done!! :lol::D;):) Gorgeous car!! I think they've got be the ultimate 'Brock' in lots of ways.

It'll sound weird but I even kinda liked the look of the late model VE ones they did too in that same colour..............

Just a follow up on this...

Car sold at auction, then a little bit later I get an offer from TradeMe asking to accept a buy now on the car as if to say the lead bid had fallen through. Would have to be one of the more dodgey auctions out there!

It's funny how fallen through sales and hints of "dodginess" influence our decisions.

I think you're right to walk away - somethings going on.

When we were buying our Model A ford, there were cars we didn't even LOOK at, because they'd been on trademe too long... not even any dodginess, but you get a certain impression. That Commodore seems iffy - even if you factor in the amount of oxygen theifs using Trade me (as buyers), something is going on... surely.

You might have to build one :D

I could of sold you a Vc for 1200 last month!!! Then I'd only of had to drive it up the hill, not all the way to warrington... With one engine mount...that's offset so all the weight was on the bolts end...and a bit of firewood propt up against the exhaust manifold for the other.... That embers started falling off...and the fan eating the shroud from the engine not sitting straight.... Ahhhh the things we do for mates aye

• Like 1

Come on, ya know ya want to...

attachicon.gifurl.jpg

That is true intercourse on wheels. Looks a genuine blue meanie.

I could of sold you a Vc for 1200 last month!!! Then I'd only of had to drive it up the hill, not all the way to warrington... With one engine mount...that's offset so all the weight was on the bolts end...and a bit of firewood propt up against the exhaust manifold for the other.... That embers started falling off...and the fan eating the shroud from the engine not sitting straight.... Ahhhh the things we do for mates aye

I think you're talking about a brand new Falcon...

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I think you're talking about a brand new Falcon...

Hahaha, that's funny comming from a man who has 3 fords...

Bros is wondering why you're pissing round with these old Shitters and not just buy something half decent like you used to ;)