Sign in to follow this  
Lukeprusher

E30 M325i

Bought a M325i e30 1987, been in crash to right front.

Needs new

Headlight

Fog lights

TLC -Sanding, and panelbeating.

front bumper

Front right guard

Front panel

Bumper Support

Hole in muffler

Rust hole below rear left window.

Will need a new clutch and rebuild.

Advice appreciated.

Few Pics to upload and thoughout progress.

post-17831-0-32393900-1381726270.jpg

post-17831-0-03551400-1381726298.jpg

post-17831-0-24038300-1381726312.jpg

post-17831-0-80959100-1381726567_thumb.j

post-17831-0-12452300-1381726709_thumb.j

post-17831-0-02232300-1381726734_thumb.j

post-17831-0-17240000-1381726753.jpg

post-17831-0-15180200-1381727141_thumb.j

post-17831-0-62142200-1381727222_thumb.j

post-17831-0-26136800-1381727263_thumb.j

post-17831-0-68875800-1381727294_thumb.j

Edited by Luke Prusher

Nice car, I think this car was recently fixed at my mates panel shop... and then crashed.

Good luck with what looks like a simple repair, a shame it was written off.

That's kool - will be a sweet ride when fixed!! Wheels suit it too ae.........

Damage looks miminal really..........even the inside looks fairly mint............

Edited by Blue-540i

Nice score, will be a good project.

The rust bubble in the corner of the window will probably be the most difficult part to sort out, rest is nuts and bolts stuff.

Is this the car with the 2.7ltr motor that went through turners not that long ago? What happened this time... looks and sounds like a Stolen / Recovered.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

dam thats a cool car glad he never changed thos wheels!

yea i never changed those wheels they suited it far too well :)

was my car...sad to have been written off and didnt get the chance to buy it back..car was going to get the rust sorted and the pice of paint that came loose before the accident, just wasnt my week....guy backed into fender left no note, then bus drove into the fender(same fender) and didnt admit guilt then came the crash into a car parked in a slip way stormy weather at 80km...managed to bring the speed down alot though but still hit

was never stolen or recovered and the clutch is good az never ever slipped not once...ever ...the engine is a 2.7 super eta bottom end 885 head all new most things engine wise and chipped it goes very well 3.64 LSD

enjoy it bud it sure was a fun car:)

Sorry, my bad. I thought this went through Turners a month or so back, and had been bought, repaired and crashed again before Luke picked it up.

Why did your Insurance write it off, for what looks a relatively simple repair?

wanted the parts replaced with new or existing good bumpers etc ...youd be surprised ayt how much the kit itself costs and yes it could be plastic moulded etc and filled but it will not last long unfortunately and thats after speaking to quite a few repair shops something to do with the plastic bmw uses ..from memory the radiator has also been damaged, the motor flew forward so could be associated damage and the front chassis a little twisted from the nature of the impact and the engine suffered a little as well so yea it stacks up quite fast but im sure shel be on the road again soon :)

Good that it's back in the hands of a member who'll restore it to its former glory! Alpina wheels always look great on E30s.

sad to hear of the misfortune but good to hear its going to be restored.. as I keep harping on about, tech1's are getting rare as rocking horse sh*t

sad to hear of the misfortune but good to hear its going to be restored.. as I keep harping on about, tech1's are getting rare as rocking horse sh*t

goes for any looked after E30 to be honest.

Hmmmm cant decide weither to keep alpinas or put borbet type As or bbs rs on them? Any suggestions guys?

You should go the bbs rs way. I'll buy the alpinas off you, if they're 4 x 100.

Dibs.

Personally I would say the RS's or BBS 15" Weaves look better with the Tech1, but the Alpinas still look better than just about everything else...

bro ...those wheels are epically difficult to find and i would go as far as to say appreciated nearly everywhere, seriously do not change them bud would be a big mistake...just my 2 c

appears people trying to get them off you allready...had the same thing and i got compliments on them everywhere i took the car hence i kept them trust , youll regret it mate.keep the alpinas

Sorted out all the panels and lights just need to bring to my work on monday to get painted .

Engine is good, something funny with gearbox or cluth not quite sure yet.

Hopefully back up and running soon.

whats it doing bud?

there was a vibration at certain speeds just taking off around 15 kms if i can remember accurately....was told prop shaft incorrectly re-assembled??the shudder isnt from the gearbox, its always been really good and the clutch doesnt shudder or slip ...got under it and geebo was good no cracks etc...hangar bearing was good aswell and made sure it was pre loaded correctly so i guess i just got used to it always meant to have it balanced but soo expensive....hope you get it sussed though mate:)

Get yourself some OEM 15'' weaves to give it the original look. The `alpinas` are 19 spoke reps as opposed to the genuine which are 20 spoke with locking centre caps.

Genuine Alpinas in staggered fitment will set you back 2k+. I sent a set to Melbourne for $2400 a few years ago and kept another set on my 1990 325M.

it never did that even after the crash! everything was sweet on that car driveline wise except for the tiny shudder...what happened between being written off and getting to you mmm

car has new master and slave cylinder for clutch so you can rule that out...gearbox and diff oil about 8 months old i did them myself so mmm

So got everything sorted just got to re-register it, one last opinion do you guys think i should keep the houndstooth interior door cards, seats or swap to leather? And is the houndstooth really worth anything? Cheers