Sign in to follow this  
Lukeprusher

E30 M325i

all depends on what seats they are. if they are houndstooth sport seats then yes, they are worth keeping.

they are very rare seats-keep them mate no rips no tears and plus no sliding around in the twisties :P

they are very rare seats-keep them mate no rips no tears and plus no sliding around in the twisties :P

+1

Houndstooth beats leather like rock beats scissors.

Just wish that E36s had a nice cloth option for sports seats, all the non leather jobbies look like they were trimmed by the Nissan cabin designers :huh:

This is what I did with my seats, the side bolsters were a bit worn and needed re-trimming, so I got them done in leather, but left the centre sections in the houndstooth as it is one of the rarer BMW interior trims and still looks good.

Fronts..

post-2707-0-11309200-1383516472.jpg

Rears..

post-2707-0-60188900-1383516484.jpg

I love the half leather - hard wearing where it needs to be, but don't burn your ass when you get in the car on a hot sunny day!

If you do decide to go full leather, let me know, I would be very interested in a spare set, plus the 'vert interior is different rear seats and rear 1/4 panel cars so I could with those!!

EDIT: Just remembered this is a coupe, not a convertible, so forget the last bit! Rest still stands though.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

So over the weekend did a bit of grinding and sanding,

Now gotta sort out engine, think its running rough, revs go from 1k rpm down to around 200. Idle control valve cleaned and put back on.

Edited by Luke P

Check the throttle position switch, it should click when the throttle is closed. Open and close the throttle and you should hear it click just as it closes, Car doesn't need to be running to check it. When it clicks closed, it lets the engine run off the ICV, If it isn't clicking it either needs to be adjusted (you can turn it slightly each way to adjust so it's in the close position when throttle is closed) or it needs to be replaced.

It sits under the throttle body, 3 pin plug going into it right under the intake boot. Kind of a pain to get to it..

I had a motronic M20 which blew a visible circuit in the ECU for idle control, at the same time as the thermo- time switch for cold starting gave up. It took a long time to diagnose being as both were related and both broken!

when i had the car i thought it was the ICV and it was also the easiest option

then it still persisted and i cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the throttle position sensor-if the issues come back id replace it ith a new sensor as its a quite a bit of work to get to it properly, theres two switches in it the idle and full throttle switch...from memory the idle one was intermitant but full throttle one was good...will need to be replaced bud :)

• Like 1

Instead of painting, i put some black guard onto the bare steel,

Air con, was rusted all though, condenser and aircon unit and pump. Replacing that

post-17831-0-31597900-1388205161.jpg

post-17831-0-21728400-1388205178.jpg

post-17831-0-77764500-1388205258_thumb.j

Edited by Luke P
  • Like 1

Yes you can, once you get it signed off by the certifier you can get it painted.

I had this done when I recomplied my s2000 a year ago - rules always change tho

Finally did some work on it today, Got guard and bumper all sanded and primered up,

Mtech skirt sanded after few hours sanding as paint had fractures in it, started sanding and realised the bumper was painted 5 times so paint was really thick and hard to sand very time consuming.

All dents taken care of.

Next to happen is to get the old grey carpet out and cracked dash, replace with new black carpet and crack free dash, and then get few bits painted.

Fitted My valance and guards, bonnet needs bit of adjusting, and ready for paint.

post-17831-0-73992000-1396591137_thumb.j

looking good luke

• Like 1

Looking good man, nice to see you spending the time and money restoring something that is getting rare!

Nice one! One tip if it isnt too late is you should paint the lip spoiler body colour as it makes it look super clean. P.S. i cannot take credit for the idea.... whome ever painted my car before i got it did that very thing and it looks swish :)

• Like 1

Yeah i was planning to, just gotta make some brackets up and tow bar piece

Edited by Luke P

Do you mean paint the rubber?

Yes actually comes up well

Can you post any pics Rob? I'm curious/dubious to be honest.

I'm a huge fan of the rubber/elastrogen trim on the tech1s, but keeping an open mind! Won't it crack and flex the paint and clear away with the give in the material?

Can you post any pics Rob? I'm curious/dubious to be honest.

I'm a huge fan of the rubber/elastrogen trim on the tech1s, but keeping an open mind! Won't it crack and flex the paint and clear away with the give in the material?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, very curious,

• Like 1