Sign in to follow this  
qube

E60 M5 Prices dropping fast!

I accidentally stumbled on a trademe listing on a tidy e60 m5 sub 100kms goin for like $42k!!

Last time I looked was like a couple of months ago and they were $50-60k. A couple of years ago they were easily $100k+

At this rate they might become the new e46 m3 and the e46 m3 becoming the new e36 m3. I'm terms of price I mean.

$200! That wont make lunch time on a track day.

E60 M5, straight pipes, extended warranty and find a wife who's dad owns gas station with a tyre shop out back, sorted.

Actually, even then I cant afford to run the bastard.

I would say your average Toyota Prius driver spends 50k on one and then complains about fuel costs when they realize they are not that economical.

• Like 2

Who buys a $50k car then complains about an extra $200 a year in fuel costs?

Extra $200 a year in full costs? Lol

If I drove one with my daily mileage I'd be pushing $250/wk (not exaggerated)

There's no way I would pay that much for fuel so the E60 M5 was considered for no more than 10 minutes... (I was weighing one up when getting the E46 M3 I ended up with)

Edited by Tristan

James, they guy who brought his E61 M5 touring to the dyno day, said most of his driving his short trip around town and he rarely gets more than 150kms per tank! That's around a buck per kilometre! Awesome value!!

• Like 1

150kms on a 70l tank, are they THAT bad?!

They are if you drive from Islington Street to Ponsonby Road and back everyday with not much other driving!

Yikes, bugger that.

On another note - Why anyone would buy an M5 to simply potter about the city astounds me. Simple answer is "because they can", I suppose. What a waste of a car.

Well they are not that great at much in NZ unfortunately, on a back road they are too big to enjoy and on a track they just eat tyres and brakes and a scary amount of fuel.. so all that is left to do is use it for touring and in that case you are just as well off in a 535D.

Its just one of those cars I suppose.

This guy has the solution, wrap it in chrome for maximum wank, chop the mufflers out and do skids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjj4Vgaqi-0

• Like 1

They are if you drive from Islington Street to Ponsonby Road and back everyday with not much other driving!

There has to be something wrong with it to be doing that, the uncles old one would average about 13-16 per 100 and his foot weighed about 6 tonnes.

What Apex said above, I'd far rather a remapped 535d personally.

Just putting it out there, but i do not like the sound of the V10 M5s..... give me an e39 M5 any day. Theres a white E60 M5 around town that i see quite often, sounds poo.

James, they guy who brought his E61 M5 touring to the dyno day, said most of his driving his short trip around town and he rarely gets more than 150kms per tank! That's around a buck per kilometre! Awesome value!!

Dang, I thought mine was bad getting sub 350-400 on 60l. I'd still drive one tho, those m5 tourings are so rad!

Off topic but someone seriously needs to do a e39 touring m5 conversion!

• Like 1

Yikes, bugger that.

On another note - Why anyone would buy an M5 to simply potter about the city astounds me. Simple answer is "because they can", I suppose. What a waste of a car.

dont be a dick....I havent got room for three cars and a bike,so the car i buy would automatically become the daily driver.They are becoming so cheap they are knocking on the same price as a 530d!

Who buys a $50k car then complains about an extra $200 a year in fuel costs?

Yo Apiti boy - once again youy've 'started this $hit', :rolleyes: & umm, now naffed off up to Auckland to pick up your mighty 540..............??!! :D:) Awesome!! Let us know what the fuel bill is for the girl on the way baaaaaaaaaack ae...........gotta be a bit less than a M5 (maybe), & umm, bit less fun, slightly........ ;):lol: enjoy ae.

Well they are not that great at much in NZ unfortunately, on a back road they are too big to enjoy and on a track they just eat tyres and brakes and a scary amount of fuel.. so all that is left to do is use it for touring and in that case you are just as well off in a 535D.

Its just one of those cars I suppose.

This guy has the solution, wrap it in chrome for maximum wank, chop the mufflers out and do skids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjj4Vgaqi-0

Pffff - bollocks!!!! :rolleyes: Theres a fair bit of NZ south of Bombay where coupled with a good driver & a Valentine detector, the M5 would be far more $hits & giggles than a diesel......and a M3 would be heaven as well in same situations............ ;):)

Please keep in mind that the first BMW cars that were tagged with 'The Ultimate Driving Experiance' had spark plugs, not glow plugs.......... ;)

dont be a dick....I havent got room for three cars and a bike,so the car i buy would automatically become the daily driver.They are becoming so cheap they are knocking on the same price as a 530d!

Fair call, not 'being a dick', simply stating my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Please keep in mind that the first BMW cars that were tagged with 'The Ultimate Driving Experiance' had spark plugs, not glow plugs.......... ;)

Nothing wrong with the old oil burners. The 524td for example was a mighty fine car. Pre-glow ceremony and all...

Edited by C-130 Hercules

Nothing wrong with the old oil burners. The 524td for example was a mighty fine car. Pre-glow ceremony and all...

;) Yea, sorta true I suppose........& I guess most manufacturers these days have something diesel powered to appeal to ex truckies & tractor drivers... ;):lol::D:)

'The Ultimate Driving Experiance

Ultimate driving machine. But close.

An M3 would be my pick on a kiwi back road, with a brake upgrade.

• Like 1

Off topic but someone seriously needs to do a e39 touring m5 conversion!

I have a touring sitting in me garage if anyone wants half the project, would swap it