Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

V12 manual conversion

To Andy, Merry Christmas, From Andy?

in some ways, na, i like the auto and wouldn't want to pay to get rid of the benefits it has.

In other ways, skids.

Auto trans benefits are nothing compared to manual, i know its easy forget the superiority of a bmw manual when you been driving autos for awhile haha.

thats a Getrag 265 as well which i think is the E30 M3 box? looks like its had a bit of abuse too. If i was going to manual convert, he would either need to drop the price, or id just get a 6 speed and mod driveshaft etc myself.

Maybe get a 6 speed conversion from a US spec 540iS and then play around with the bell housing. seeing as a real 850Ci/CSi 6 speed is like beans

anyways, not a priority now. moving house next weekend and i got 3 non-runner project cars already without putting the two working ones under the knife lol

its 265 box , like found in m30 engine cars like e28 535i or e24 635csi etc, but yes basically the same as a e30 m3 type

He lists it as 265/overdrive box, which I guess means it's the 265/6 which would be the same as a US Spec E30 M3 (non-dog-leg).

Must be a good box if it can handle the torque of a V12, my little 4-pot won't stress it too much!!