Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Ticks all the boxes

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/330i/auction-669019141.htm

NZ New, Motorsport, Facelift, good kms, right motor & good colour. Does anyone know what type of stereo it has? Looks factory but never seen that type before?

Only thing missing is manual, but I could live with that. Nice looking car.

Looks like it still has a tape deck. A tape deck in 2005? Who was still buying all the tapes?

Looks like it still has a tape deck. A tape deck in 2005? Who was still buying all the tapes?

This! When was the last time you even saw a tape? The other thing I don't understand is why are there so few manual e46's? I'd quite like a 330, and the OP link does look very nice but way too far south, but you never see one with a manual box...

I know where a manual 330i motorsport touring is. And a lady drives it. And she wont sell it to me :(

I know where a manual 330i motorsport touring is. And a lady drives it. And she wont sell it to me :(

My X5's all had tape decks too. Stackers in the boot though, I'd imagine that car will have a stacker in the boot also.

just another Auto

Jeeze I thought you liked Auto's Ron? I've had an E90, have an E46 320d manual now, but the E46 F/L in NZ or UK spec have to be still one of the better looking cars, built better than an E90 anyways.

Edited by The Diesel Guy
  • Like 1

the stereo is a nav system. uses the same nav drive as the full monitor versions..

I have a ZF Six speed box, and all the bits for a conversion (incl proper diff) sitting in the garage... very nice car for that..!

Edited by Dogballs

just another Auto

Well, my autistic concern is there's no HID. Doesn't float everyone's boat, but does for me in that range.

• Like 1

^true! no xenons!! how come??

but yea isnt this what they call the "ZHP" model/package/spec?

Nice car - primo colour too. Probably lead a fairly sheltered life given where it is - nice long drives for it when it does head to a decent sized town........ :)

just another Auto

Yea, I thought Ron liked auto's too - can't see where this is coming from really. Might be an idea to 're-like' them, or he'll be f#cked in 10 years time & having to learn to walk everywhere again, (when theres even less manuals around then than now........)

IMO, CVT's are a true sack of sh#t, but theres nothing wrong with a good auto...............

isnt this what they call the "ZHP" model/package/spec?

Essentially yes but there are a few subtle differences as far as I can tell between this (NZ new 330i fl msport) and the US ZHP which has:

175kw (different cams and slightly higher redline iirc)

Red cluster needles

330i badge on bootlid

Suede shifter boot and steering wheel

Be good to know if there are any other differences.

Mine also has the tape business radio and no xenons... And mine will become a manual one day, unfortunately only a 5 speed as I cant justify the extra $$$ for a sixth gear i will hardly ever use...

Edited by ugn