Sign in to follow this  
gjm

5.7 V8 E34

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/535/auction-666110866.htm

Pity they cut a hole in the bonnet for the air filter, in my opinion. No need for that.

Wa-a-ay back I had a 5.7 V8 E28, ex-Thundersaloon race car in Martini livery. Frankly, it was hopelessly impractical (roll cages do that) and a bit of a handful, but great fun. And no holes in any of the bodywork. That's well over 20 years ago, now... :(

Bastardised some great engineering by installing a boat anchor under the bonnet! Worse than a rotory powered E30...

• Like 1

That is gross.

Cool if it was a 5.7 LS1 or whatever though.

Yep, come in here thinking "aw yeah, LS1, keen". NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

• Like 1

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!! Just cos ya can do something, doesn't always mean ya should carry through & actually do it.........here kids, is a fine example of that.......... :rolleyes: I'd have the rims off it though for mine....... ;)

'Located in Tokoroa'.............

• Like 1

But is has an ///M5 badge on the boot - gota make it worth 20K more ???? :) :)

Edited by camera doctor

But is has an ///M5 badge on the boot - gota make it worth 20K more ???? :) :)

:rolleyes: and grille - I spotted that too, cracked me up............

It's a damn sight better than the E36 in Thames with the 3.5l Rover v8 and manual box swap

At least the chevy develops some useable power!

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Keyword "some".

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Lol, probably still more than the rover :)

But only just!

• Like 1

It's a damn sight better than the E36 in Thames with the 3.5l Rover v8 and manual box swap

At least the chevy develops some useable power!

Keyword "some".

Lol, probably still more than the rover :)

But only just!

There are a lot of boat anchor SBCs out there, but some good ones too.

No idea which category the lump in this car falls into, but the one that was in my E28 was claimed to make 445bhp. Some of that was usable. The rest ripped road tyres to pieces.

The SBC in a C10 pickup I used to drag race made more. And had nitrous. 12.97s standing-start quarter mile on road tyres. :D

There are a lot of boat anchor SBCs out there, but some good ones too.

No idea which category the lump in this car falls into, but the one that was in my E28 was claimed to make 445bhp. Some of that was usable. The rest ripped road tyres to pieces.

The SBC in a C10 pickup I used to drag race made more. And had nitrous. 12.97s standing-start quarter mile on road tyres. :D

from my limited drag racing knowledge thats pretty quick especially for road tyres isn't it???

from my limited drag racing knowledge thats pretty quick especially for road tyres isn't it???

It's good. There are many faster, and that was probably about the limit for that truck while keeping it sensibly driveable on the road. Gearing was spot-on - flat out it'd do about 135mph, and on the best run, I trapped at 129(ish).

At the time, a new Porsche 911 turbo would take over 15s. :-)

Id guess around 200-ish hp from that lump. Maybe 230 on a good day. Certainly not enough oomph to justify a 6k asking. But it probably would do good skids, and there would be no guilt suffered when the motor blew.

And a high-12s pass in a late 60' yank ute with NoS on street tyres is f**king quick!

'Specially when you consider just how loose the arse end was :ph34r:

And a high-12s pass in a late 60' yank ute with NoS on street tyres is f**king quick!

'Specially when you consider just how loose the arse end was :ph34r:

Mine started life as a mid- to late-70s ex-USAF ute, and the 12-bolt rear had been... Well, 'located', properly. ;) When I first ran it, it was still khaki green with the ID numbers painted over by brush.

Later in life it was bright orange, with 'Clockwork Tangerine' signwritten across the back of the cab under the window.