Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

talking about M5s

Been for sale for ages, & bar the state of the kiwi economy, I really can't understand why it hasn't sold 10x over at around that 20k pricing. I personally think its fairly reasonably priced, its a neat colour, & its well proven overseas that these things can do high kms without too much grief, so its about 'run in', plus a bit......I'd grab it without batting an eyelid if I didn't have more than enough vehicles anyway @ the mo........

If i didnt need a house deposit id be all over it.

To each is own but i dont think i could ever live with the colour.

I have no issue with the colour quite like it but the black and silver interior is not pretty

• Like 1

To each is own but i dont think i could ever live with the colour.

I have no issue with the colour quite like it but the black and silver interior is not pretty

Hah isnt that strange.I quite like the fact that the clour is different to most others,and for some strange reason i quite like the interior scheme as well

Yea, I agree with ya Paul - its funny seeing all the different colours available when looking on the M5 board - I certainly don't want a black one, & for some reason, even though the kms are up a bit, I just really like this particular unit.

Each to their own & all, but to me, the E39 M5 is probably the ultimate M car to own. Theres just 'something about them'. Others get all excited & make funny messes due to E36 M3's - I really don't see what the fuss is about personally in comparison with these.........certainly in its timespan I believe it would have been the ultimate 4 door saloon for versatility, refinement, performance, handling, features & comfort.

Maybe this video has got something to do with it...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JmX8A8lck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtsCS7vKi90

Some people reckon the V8's don't handle any good, & the 6 cylinder 39 is a better car to drive..........my plan is to own one of these within the next 18 months, simple as that. ;):)

"First official M5 in New Zealand"

Used and abused ex-press car?

"First official M5 in New Zealand"

Used and abused ex-press car?

Virtually guaranteed....................... ;):) but its hardly as if any M car is just gonna be only nicely driven to church - most people buy them for a reason.....besiding which driving it softly all the time won't be good for it anyway IMO.......

I went down the road of looking for an M5 and looked at this one. It's actually in quite good condition and the current owner is a really good guy who has looked after it....history wise...who knows?? I completely agree that the E39 M5 is one of and IMO the best saloon. But they are also money suckers and for this reason personally have resorted to the M3. But I'm fortunate to have had a good E 39 530i which by the way is for sale.....;) I'll tell you what though, that blue M5 that was online a few weeks ago.....WHAT A CAR!!!

• Like 1

I went down the road of looking for an M5 and looked at this one. It's actually in quite good condition and the current owner is a really good guy who has looked after it....history wise...who knows?? I completely agree that the E39 M5 is one of and IMO the best saloon. But they are also money suckers and for this reason personally have resorted to the M3. But I'm fortunate to have had a good E 39 530i which by the way is for sale..... ;) I'll tell you what though, that blue M5 that was online a few weeks ago.....WHAT A CAR!!!

They don't suck any more money than a 540i. If you're handy with a spanner, armed with some diagnostic s'ware and know where to look for parts, maintenance on an E39 M5 is not that bad.

• Like 1

They don't suck any more money than a 540i. If you're handy with a spanner, armed with some diagnostic s'ware and know where to look for parts, maintenance on an E39 M5 is not that bad.

+1 agreed.

well looked after, well serviced and they are actually pretty reasonable to run.

Fuel economy quoted in the trademe ad is spot on in my experience too.

• Like 1

Check the bonnet and bumper repair ... this was at the track day we were at when he hit the barrier. It wasnt a bad one nor did it set off the airbags but worth checking the repair was done right.

Also a simple read out from the airbag module will also reveal and recorded incidents.