Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 - have you got it?

as topic

I've got it, anniversary edition, got all the cars that came with it. Manage to flip the Honda Jazz on the second race, which I think is an achievement on its own. Never been able to do that in GT5. Pix to prove it, so it's "flipping" good.

Like the loading time being much faster than before. Can't wait to see the manufacturers finishing their VisionGT cars. Hopefully they will be a freebie as oppose to a paid DLC.

Comments? What do you think of the game?

post-450-0-58077900-1386667156.jpg

Bought a ps2 and ps3 (twice) just for the gt series games. Since sold them including (regretfully) my g27 wheel. I pretty much spent all of my free time when gt5 came out. Im trying to resist the urge to get a ps4 and gt6. From reading the reviews, GT6 seems to be a slight improvement over gt5

On the other end, forza 5 is a bit of a let down, less cars and more micro transactions.

GT6 is on PS3.

My wife brought me a copy yesterday for our 10 year anniversary, dumb move as I spent most of last night ignoring her playing the game! haha.

I am a Renault Sport fan so I was stoked to see the first car I got to drive was a Liquid Yellow Clio RS200 and than you win one for completing the fist tier of events, also happy it has my other two real life cars are in the car in the game, 2007 Megane RS (albeit 5 door vs 3) and 2011 Megane RS Trophy... and the Aniversary pack gave me a A110 and a Megane Trophy Racer.

Still a sh*t list of BMW's, no E30's... also missing quite a few cars I would call enthusiast essentials, they really have missed a lot of good European cars, e28, E36 M3, Peugeot 205 GTI, 306 GTI, AMG Sledgehammer spring to mind. Would have been nice to see a few new Australian cars too, the VE/VF Commodore and last of the Falcons would have been good, maybe a few classics too.

Tracks are good, Bathurst is a highlight, have not done much, Brands Hatch is actually a sweet little track

The AI is still lacking and not much of a challenge, I enerered a 550pp race in my 420pp Clio RS and cleaned up with ease.

Look forward to unlocking more content, did the first round at Goodwood in the A110 and that was fun, a bit easy, have got Gold in everything so far while lying on the couch, normally it takes siting up and concentrating.

Bought a PS3 just so I could drive the 'ring in GTx... Can't remember which one!

Not got GT6. May take a look.

sorry for being a noob but whats the difference between anniversary edition and a normal(?) one...?

About $30, a blue case and you get a voucher with it so that you can enter a code and get a head start on the game with a dozen cars and 1m in the bank. The cars are cool but unfortunately all feature Gran Turismo livery that you cant remove so I can see myself buying most of the cars over.

I would have just brought the normal game and started out in a sh*t box the old fashioned way.

I spotted you can now buy in game credits with your credit/debt card too, that's an interesting feature for some people.

Bought a ps2 and ps3 (twice) just for the gt series games. Since sold them including (regretfully) my g27 wheel. I pretty much spent all of my free time when gt5 came out. Im trying to resist the urge to get a ps4 and gt6. From reading the reviews, GT6 seems to be a slight improvement over gt5

On the other end, forza 5 is a bit of a let down, less cars and more micro transactions.

GT6 is much worse than Forza 5 for micro transactions. There is even a car you can buy that costs more than the game in GT6.

Only a handful of cars are "Premium". The rest are ports from older GT games. Is good having so many cars. But there really is a ton of crap cars in the game with many good ones missing.

Agree with Graham that the AI is still very weak. Prefer the Forza AI.

Played both for a few hours each. And came to the conclusion that I don't want either. Will wait for Project Cars instead. Which is multi platform BTW. So PC version for me.

I think online racing is more fun, also enjoyed the seasonal events in GT5, some of those were very challenging. Played GT5 up until last week and never finished all the races.

I think for the most part "career" mode stuff is just going through the motions to unlock sh*t.

But there really is a ton of crap cars in the game with many good ones missing.

Yup, mostly Japanese stuff, there are like 30 Honda Skylines and 54 variations of a Mazda MX5 but no Sierra Cosworth or bunch of other awesome European car's.

also enjoyed the seasonal events in GT5, some of those were very challenging.

Agreed. The More difficult Seasonal Events were a lot of fun, especially the ones where you actually had to "tune" the car within the limitations in order to win.

GT6 is fun so far, Seems more like an evolution of GT5 than a whole new game. But the races so far seem too easy, you need to give up about 150pp for any sort of challenge.

I managed to flip an e60 m5 in gt5, got a trophy for it and everything!! I have to wait until christmas for gt6 tho, still, gives me time to get to level 40 and do the Nurburg 24 hr!!!!!!!

Anyone tried the new M4 released today? Its a bit of fun, tail happy!

Finally had a drive of the new Pigani Hyora (s) hardest car to control so far, way too much power!

Progressing through the game, have not had to modify any cars yet, my favorite to drive so far is the Aston Martin Vantage V12, very nicely balanced car.