Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Telecon VENT! :-(

So anyway, in a fit of boredom somewhere somehow, it appears we (aka as probably I) has commited the cardinal anti-Christ sin of sins of, gasp, shock, horror, exceeded the 30GB limit that our TELECOM provider has graciously being allowing us access to - FIRST time, EVER. Like, ever. Never happened before.

Hmm, there might be a problem - like, we get a few internet access problems at the best of times anyway, but gee, Hi Einstein, umm, when pics don't load, & getting access to new pages, or a site loading is the equal of watching grass grow from a seed in a drought, then hey, no $hit, we're starting to look like things 'aren't normal', even by our standards of pi$$ poor supply.....

So, hmm, lets sign up to 'our #$%$#ing Telecom', & see where we are limit wise on our 30gb. Oppps, you bad, have crossed the magic line where they'll now bend you over & have a great time while you dig more $$$$ outa your pocket to pay for the priviledge of exceeding their limit. Opps.

Oh ok, tsk tsk, naughty me, once I'd dragged my sorry a$$ outa the 'naughty corner' - signed up for a plan change, which, oh f$cking yay, will take up to 48hrs to implement according to the site.

Mutter mutter curse, etc. 48hrs, comes, goes, still waiting for grass to grow, planets to align, all that $hit. Hmm, ok - I know, I'll ring them. Mutter mutter curse, stew, mutter past their BRILLIANT ultra pleb customer antiservice animated & seriously retarded thing that EVENTUALLY, gets you through to a real live human, in the end. In f$cking India. Go through all the process of getting plan change confirmed, & 'Yes, it'll be all good again for you in 4hours max'. Waste f#ck knows how much of my life going through THIS process from start to finish...........

Mutter mutter, curse, go outside, kick dog etc - fill in 4 bloody hrs with checking internet speed, having dog avoid me, & start pulling $hit to bits out in shed in fits of muttering............

4hrs, comes, goes. Internet still has speed of a carrier pigeon going from Bluff to Picton. Into a head wind. Picture pigeon carrying heavy load, being semi-retired, & stopping for oxygen regularly. like, its fairly slow internet.............ba$tards!!!

Showing I have primo patience skills, I wait till 4hrs 3 minutes are up, until, sigh, having taken the appropriate amount of pain-killars, I decide to suck it up & ring, as in ring India again.............more anti-joy & few curses gets us past that anti-human thingy again, until, yip, talking to a real human again. Yippy-yi-yay!!!!

Go through all the process of once again providing correct ID etc, as my calling from the number theres a problem at is just toooo f#cking simple....................their system doesn't understand simple.

To be told "I was given the wrong info by the last customer anti-service rep I talked to - it'll be up to another 48hrs away................"

Oh, ok, sez I, how bout the original internet upgrade I did then, when can I expect THAT to be implemented.........???

I really REALLY had to go, where after being on hold again while that was looked for, I was then told there was no record of THAT coming through..............she could 'see' the other stuff I'd done when in there, but 'not that bit'...........

Just rolled my eyes.............got profuse apologies from her end, but yea, theres a work order somewhere to lift the cap, that's still waiting to be actioned............

Forever been a Telecom customer, on everything. From day dot. Even when my sister was working for a opposition company & wanted me to shift, nah, its ok, I'll stay where I am.............

To say I'm ever so very slightly pi$$ed at the mo, would be the understatement of the year............brilliant bit being I'm hooked into their Yahoo mail as well.

Brilliant, just f#cking brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Blue-540i

its okay blue. f it, sh*t happens. they gave me like 150gb with my home phone plan. I dont use more then 10gb a month. but who cares. some times I do download old movies so just incase. nothing much. why dont you just upgrade. i realized the telecom modem was crap so i bought another modem, some brand named TP link. pretty good so far. did i mention I once threw out a computer off 2 floors? just ripped it off and threw it out. went back down the next day threw it around a few times pos. then back again the next day after it sat in the rain I brought it in, and copied everything inside the HDD just consider everything is sh*t, everything sucks. and you gotta spend more money but it will still probably suck. just drive your bmw. forget it for now. :)

• Like 1

The Telecom 'help' is rubbish. Eventually, you can get through to someone in NZ, but it takes a lo-o-ong time. The call centres are all performance-managed which means that escalating anything is a demerit, having a call hang around too long is a demerit, and ultimately, even recognising a previous enquiry was not adequately resolved is a demerit.

When we 'landed', we had SIMs for 2 degrees. Not bad, but not great. After a few months putting up with missed calls and so on - phone sitting beside me, beeps to say I have a voicemail but hasn't actually rung - we thought we'd take the offer Telecom mobile made. Received SIMs, changed numbers (eventually), and... Service was worse. Much, much worse. Absolutely no coverage at home.

We went through the whole gamut of the call centre and every excuse under the sun as to why it didn't work, including blaming our phones. After the first few calls, I found that I was quite literally cut off after a few minutes. Some excuse about speaking to someone else, then a long pause, then the phone connection dropped. This happened several times. (I know why - I have built call centres and off-shored them. The stats will show my call was 'resolved' after a few minutes.)

There was no discussion around our problem, only that their map showed we had coverage, and were we sure it wasn't working? Every single time we were asked for our names, addresses, phone numbers, phone models, to restart our phones... No ticket reference to cut through all the crap. (Tickets require completion and resolution, of course.)

Eventually I was put through to a NOC in NZ and spoke to someone there. The first thing he did was apologise for the poor performance of the Telecom call centre ("we do get a lot of complaints about that"), and then the Telecom network. He checked he could actually 'see' my phone while I was at work, then offered to call me at home. Which he did... On our landline because my mobile had 'disappeared'. He discussed our location and potential solutions, but admitted he was reluctant to suggest it but that we would be better on Vodafone. The Telecom network, in his words, is still under development and they are using income from promotions to build the network.

Never did get anything by way of apology fro the Indian call centre, or a refund for the payment to receive the SIM cards.

When we move, I'll obviously check first, but will avoid Telecom if at all possible. Cutting off nose to spite face perhaps, but it does leave a bad taste.

• Like 1

Lol how many cans have u had

Hmm, Id had a couple by time I came back in from the shed last night..........my typing speed improves though, haha.

its okay blue. f it, sh*t happens. they gave me like 150gb with my home phone plan. I dont use more then 10gb a month. but who cares. some times I do download old movies so just incase. nothing much. why dont you just upgrade. i realized the telecom modem was crap so i bought another modem, some brand named TP link. pretty good so far. did i mention I once threw out a computer off 2 floors? just ripped it off and threw it out. went back down the next day threw it around a few times pos. then back again the next day after it sat in the rain I brought it in, and copied everything inside the HDD just consider everything is sh*t, everything sucks. and you gotta spend more money but it will still probably suck. just drive your bmw. forget it for now. :)

I know this feeling. Picture some-one who is 'self-taught' on a computer, & sometimes gets a bit frustrated...........as realistically, I'm not that techy savvy........

Years ago, was shifting house, office being 'last room' to be done on shifting day itself, & just had 1 job to complete on computer / printer before it all got packed up. Computer wouldn't 'set' at the sizes it was being given to do the job. Multiple attempts, whilst under a bit of pressure. Partner at the time, wouldn't help.......got to mutter mutter curse stage of things, till I'd had enough........

Ripped all its cords out - took it outside, chucked it on a ute deck, & then smacked it with a sledgehammer - this demonically processed electrical piece of $hit wasn't gonna cause me any more brain-damage.............was quite therapudic!!

The Telecom 'help' is rubbish. Eventually, you can get through to someone in NZ, but it takes a lo-o-ong time. The call centres are all performance-managed which means that escalating anything is a demerit, having a call hang around too long is a demerit, and ultimately, even recognising a previous enquiry was not adequately resolved is a demerit.

When we 'landed', we had SIMs for 2 degrees. Not bad, but not great. After a few months putting up with missed calls and so on - phone sitting beside me, beeps to say I have a voicemail but hasn't actually rung - we thought we'd take the offer Telecom mobile made. Received SIMs, changed numbers (eventually), and... Service was worse. Much, much worse. Absolutely no coverage at home.

We went through the whole gamut of the call centre and every excuse under the sun as to why it didn't work, including blaming our phones. After the first few calls, I found that I was quite literally cut off after a few minutes. Some excuse about speaking to someone else, then a long pause, then the phone connection dropped. This happened several times. (I know why - I have built call centres and off-shored them. The stats will show my call was 'resolved' after a few minutes.)

There was no discussion around our problem, only that their map showed we had coverage, and were we sure it wasn't working? Every single time we were asked for our names, addresses, phone numbers, phone models, to restart our phones... No ticket reference to cut through all the crap. (Tickets require completion and resolution, of course.)

Eventually I was put through to a NOC in NZ and spoke to someone there. The first thing he did was apologise for the poor performance of the Telecom call centre ("we do get a lot of complaints about that"), and then the Telecom network. He checked he could actually 'see' my phone while I was at work, then offered to call me at home. Which he did... On our landline because my mobile had 'disappeared'. He discussed our location and potential solutions, but admitted he was reluctant to suggest it but that we would be better on Vodafone. The Telecom network, in his words, is still under development and they are using income from promotions to build the network.

Never did get anything by way of apology fro the Indian call centre, or a refund for the payment to receive the SIM cards.

When we move, I'll obviously check first, but will avoid Telecom if at all possible. Cutting off nose to spite face perhaps, but it does leave a bad taste.

Been here, done this too, in a Telecom past life. With cellphone coverage while living in the country. With landline that kept dying. And with a Telecom T-stick that had such useless coverage, it wouldn't work unless it could actually 'see' a Telecon store........it was great, bout as handy as a milk bucket under a bull.

And yes, I love, (NOT!!!) getting put through to India unhelp desk!! I'm a New Zealander. In New Zealand. Buying a service off a New Zealand company. That company, somewhere, has then chosen to lay off it's call centre staff in the country it operates in, in order to 'save money, increase profit' or whatever their excuse on the day is or was. In my opinion, its wrong.

If you have 'enough problems' with supply, as Graham says you can actually eventually end up talking with a kiwi, here somewhere, which I've had too - first thing I did was grab a DDI number, as it made fixing faults / problems sooooo much easier & less painfull while living at that location.......he was in Hamilton, & a total proper gooood ba$tard to deal with.....

Bonus today, is it seems proper speed is back - YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Edit!!!!!!!! Nope - wrong, took ages to load this......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Edited by Blue-540i

I have absolutely NOTHING to do with telecom for those reasons.

It took them 6 weeks to tell me they couldn't connect my new house, because of a fault down the road. 12months later, our friends built down the road..... they were told they couldn't be connected because there is a fault down the road.

The guys who came to look at mine NEVER told me they were coming, or called first as required.

I now have an entirely wireless connection - both phone and internet - the cables aren't even hooked up to my house, because Telecom couldn't find them (That's why there were supposed to call first, so I could show them).

Also - you may not have used your cap at all - One mate of mine NEVER uses his, but often went onto dial up speed. When he looked at his usage, it had jumped up in one day. He queried and complained multiple times, They denied it for several days, then reset his cap. The connection speed was so crap, that he couldn't even use the amount of data in a day that they said he did! Again and again it happened. It took hours to sort each time (but he always made them give something for free!). He's no longer with them, and his speeds are far faster now too.

Another mate has a basic plan, and when his internet is used up, it DOESN'T slow down :lol: They keep offering him bigger plans, because he "goes onto dialup speeds" every month. He just tells them he's fine with that B)

• Like 1

Had my yahoo account hacked last month as per the Xtra outsourced mail service. Some of you have been fortunate to have received spam from me. just part of the free service !

Ive been reasonably happy with the service until this point. If it happens again ill go elsewhere .

<3 my $99 unlimited ADSL2 plan with maxnet/vocus - haven't worried about a datacap for years

i never get near 30 gb...who is Telecon? :ph34r:

I am with Telecom,and they have always been fine,even when i was having issues with their modem which they replaced.I have had mobile phones since the early 90s and in my experience Telecom coverage is much better than Vodaphone(Telstra now?).

I know others experience will vary

i never get near 30 gb...who is Telecon? :ph34r:

I think its a Indian telecommunications company, its when they cold call you, say they are calling from vindows service center, wellington and say they have information that want to remove saddam wmds and a virus from your computer, and when you refuse they say they are going to hack you into pieces, and then keep calling you giving death threats for not letting them con you out of a few hundred dollars.

yep, thats telecon, I had to change my number to get them to stop calling me. :ph34r:

Lol I just either tell them to f**k off or I see how long I can get them to stay on the phone

• Like 1

Try Snap. I'm with vodafone on a naked plan due to the discount across the one bill - adsl and 2 mobiles. Snap though is supposed to be very good.

Edited by MD13

I've been using Helecom for a couple years now, previously with vodapone and then orcon. On the rare occasion I call them I've never spoken to anyone other than a local, and their cell coverage and copper stability have utterly outperformed anything I've ever had from vodadorks. Their CS was terrible, same went for orcon.

Truth of the matter is, until we get some major investment back into the fixed llne networks we're always going to be miles behind the curve. Fibre is great but utterly useless when the power goes out. Might as well just get used to it :)

Fibre cabinets are on ups and have the provisions for adding a generator. The chorus otn is also normal 12vdc so you can just add a trickle charged 12 volt battery to keep you phones going as per alarm systems.

Fibre cabinets are on ups and have the provisions for adding a generator. The chorus otn is also normal 12vdc so you can just add a trickle charged 12 volt battery to keep you phones going as per alarm systems.

Assuming most people know to have some form of UPS on a domestic level. Which from what I've seen so far most people don't even understand the primary difference between copper & fibre. Not that they really care either :)

Assuming most people know to have some form of UPS on a domestic level. Which from what I've seen so far most people don't even understand the primary difference between copper & fibre. Not that they really care either :)

Agree ^^^^^ I don't much care so long as it has some half reasonable speed to it............ ;):)