Sign in to follow this  
RvT

Anyone know this e60 545i in Waipu for sale ?

A work mate is seriously keen on this car ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=681042239

Yes it has high mileage but is NZ new and has a Schnitzer kit. He has asked if he can organise / pay for a PPI from dealer but seller says that he has a few interested parties and being 1 1/2 hours from Akl, reluctant to the hassle of getting it to Akl.

As he is Chc based, we would likely be buying sight unseen. Anyone here know anything about it ?

Cheers

Ron

very nice, wouldnt mind that in my shed, a lot of car for $13k

Apart from being horrendously ugly, especially with that F&F bodykit, it looks a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get a mobile mechanic to check it out - better than nothing

Its been up for sale on trademe quite frequently.. every few months and its been passed around heaps of different dealerships. Uses to have a euro bmw plate "CEM8" I think.. not sure about condition but doesnt seem like people hold onto it for very long..

very nice, wouldnt mind that in my shed, a lot of car for $13k

My thoughts too!!! Only thing that's slightly nagging at me about it is I'm wondering if in its history its been in a bit of a shunt...............its a bummer that carjam gives ya F/A info now without paying for it........

I wouldn't be put off by the kms its done anyway............

You'd want another $13k set aside for repairs though wouldn't you.

So be it, that's still a great car for $26k.

Car Jam has four sets of plates showing CEM8, ITATEI, KAPRTS, HBW434 safe to say it's had four owners or more.

At an average of 14,000k's per year at $5,624 running costs, car jam that is expensive imo. But energy wise state $3,000 is that fuel alone

It is a ten year old vehicle done nearly double the average ks, 262,405 so it's been driven a little more a sales man's car or such

Assembled april 2004 first rego NZ 9th August 2004.

For me the schnizter stuff makes it look front and rear butt ugly wheels do nothing for me either but each to their own taste.

Its almost a shame that theres a 4.5l in there.. it seems like this should have been one of those 520i's thats been around the block

I'm not saying you'd need the 13k reserve, all I'm saying is you'd want to be pretty financially secure should something go wrong. I can't imagine a gearbox failure on one of these would be a cheap exercise...

If you can't afford it for 26k, you definitely can't for 13

Apart from being horrendously ugly, especially with that F&F bodykit, it looks a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the car, sell the kit, go back stock? thats what I'd do. :huh:

I'm not saying you'd need the 13k reserve, all I'm saying is you'd want to be pretty financially secure should something go wrong. I can't imagine a gearbox failure on one of these would be a cheap exercise...

If you can't afford it for 26k, you definitely can't for 13

Yea, theres logic to what you're saying, but.............anything late model (particulary diesels...) is also in the same boat really once its outa warranty IMO, regardless of how many kms its done.........

In some ways I'd sooner have this than one that's done 100,000kms, cos this girl has already proven it's durable & can go the distance. And personally, I'd also far sooner have this, than one of the same age that's done 60,000kms just hacking round town going to the hairdressers & cafes....... ;):)

I don't think it'll be sale for long before some-one grabs it......... :)

Car Jam has four sets of plates showing CEM8, ITATEI, KAPRTS, HBW434 safe to say it's had four owners or more.

At an average of 14,000k's per year at $5,624 running costs, car jam that is expensive imo. But energy wise state $3,000 is that fuel alone

It is a ten year old vehicle done nearly double the average ks, 262,405 so it's been driven a little more a sales man's car or such

Assembled april 2004 first rego NZ 9th August 2004.

For me the schnizter stuff makes it look front and rear butt ugly wheels do nothing for me either but each to their own taste.

its got a break down there Alan.3725 for gas over 14000k the rest are costs like wofs tyres(700 a year???)etc

Thanks everyone for your feedback, both positive and informative except for the few e60 haters ... :D Seller is flakey on info except to say he has buyers lined up and PPI is waste of money as it is practically sold. Now it seems the car is destined for a dealership in Glenfield but the yard there is unaware of it coming .... Mate has decided that he needs a PPI for piece of mind as he can't trust the current seller's yard so if it ends up in Glenfield, he will organise a PPI thru Jerry C.

LOL about Chc roads. Out here in Rangiora, we have lovely roads with no cars on them ... best place to live in NZ :) We use our Hummers to go into Chc ;)

If ya reckon the seller is being a retard - just walk away mate - its not the only one in the world............... ;):)

Agree re Rangiora. They reopened ya Main St properly yet - was gob smacked when I seen it all closed last time I was there.............you're right in that its not a bad place, but personally, I like Arrowtown a bit better though......... :wub::wub::wub::wub:

There`ll be buildings coming down in the main street sometime. It took about 6-9 months for the asessments after the earthquake I think, we were all shocked to hear it as we thought Rangiora had missed it all. Great spot though.

One of my Sunday drives is out to Rangiora. I get a cup at Coffee Culture and a Pizza from Victoria Street Seafood and Pizza then bring it home. Brilliant place..

By the way Ron, I thought the only people driving Hummers in ChCh were EQC Staff , they like to keep safe while we throw rocks at them ..

I can look at the welly one if you like ron

Cheers Paul but will rain check the offer.

To update, the car was booked in for a BMW PPI but Jerry C refused to do it as the kms were too high - go figure !!! Mate organised someone else and paid the $ just to find the car was sold to someone else on Saturday so he was a bit pissed as you can imagine.

We were last seen looking at buying one at a Japanese USS auction as they are $10k over there for a 545 with about 100km on the clock. Price excludes shipping.

Watch this space ...

That's really poor of the BMW dealer - obviously train of thought they've got is they have no faith that the vehicles they are selling are capable of racking up some half decent kms.........

Edit - its pi$$ poor.............& really slack!!!

Edited by Blue-540i

One of my Sunday drives is out to Rangiora. I get a cup at Coffee Culture and a Pizza from Victoria Street Seafood and Pizza then bring it home. Brilliant place..

Can I suggest trying a coffee at Artisan by Rangiora Bakery instead .... shameless plug for my own business ... lol We won 2012 Cafe of the Year for Sth Is so the coffee and food is a step up from the rest :)

• Like 1