Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Mintest 635csi in NZ

$38k? 'e's 'avin' a giraffe!

Actually, and all else aside, a 'cooking' 635CSi can be advertised at up to GBP 25k in the UK, so that's $50k here. Extremely unlikely to sell at that price, I feel, but maybe indicative of the way the market may be looking?

Typically, selling prices for a good 'un are more likely to be around GBP 6-12k. I paid GBP 7k for my M635CSI, and sold it for the same, but that was many years ago.

• Like 1

It is pretty impressive... but auto.

It might disappear, or it might be around for ages at that price... who knows - Probably hard to find a better one with low miles, and low miles only happen once.

Nowhere near as desireable as the one a member from here was selling last year. Plus it's more than a guy in Hamilton wanted for his M635 that looked in great shape.

Again back in the UK - a 1989 635CSi, completely original and [described as being] in mint condition, 46,100 miles (under 75k km) and offered at under GBP 14k (under $22.5k).

BMWs are easier to find in the UK because of the proximity to der Vaterland (and I confess to being surprised at how many BMWs there are here in NZ) and prices vary hugely. This car looks a better bet than one resprayed at well over GBP 20k.

Brave sellers with the best cars will advertise at huge, and seemingly unrealistic prices. But if you want the best... All the same - check thoroughly. A 1995 Porsche 928GTS manual advertised in Britain at GBP 38k (extortionate amount for a 928) turns out, after inspection, to perhaps be a 15k car. Still...

Best to buy your E24 now, while you don't need a mortgage to pay for it!

dont think i have seen the badge before either, dont they usually have a 1 piece badge like E21 323i etc?

She is mint. But that is mint M635 money. Needs that beautiful S30.

That`s big money, but you have to respect 50000 miles I guess ( UK Import ) But it`s the old story, if you love your Bmw`s and you`ve got a spare $38000 to spend on anything that takes your fancy, would you buy that ...?

No...we`re talking a nice E39 M5 and $15000 left in the bank in case it blows up surely..???