Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Bargain bashing...

Sounds like it will need trans surgery/rebuild/replace or it could just need the valve body serviced. My guess is that they've been told what needs doing...

If someone bought this I could sell them the 2003 E39 6 speed manual gearbox, driveshaft etc I have. They could have something quite fun to drive.

bought a 2000 540i genuine msport off TM for my sister late last year for $5k. Not seeing the "bargain"

Sounds like it will need trans surgery/rebuild/replace or it could just need the valve body serviced. My guess is that they've been told what needs doing...

Yeah... manual conversion B)

bought a 2000 540i genuine msport off TM for my sister late last year for $5k. Not seeing the "bargain"

Guess you got the true bargain then.. Just going with what is market price for that cond+ks :)

Maybe it would be alright if someone wanted to convert, wouldn't be outlaying the higher costs of a working 540i with the same milage to then spend a few extra to convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the money I would be buying Blue's 540i. Less money, and while it has more kms it has better (full) history.

If I had the money I would be buying Blue's 540i. Less money, and while it has more kms it has better (full) history.

If only it was in an E39 body... It is a pretty awesome example of a E34 though!

If only it was in an E39 body... It is a pretty awesome example of a E34 though!

True... I'm a bit old-fashioned and like the older cars. May have a look at a ratty E28 this week... :)

The E39 - I'm not a fan of the 19s on that one. It raises suspicions (for me) regarding how the owner regarded ownership - 18s, OK. 19s are too big.

This doesn't mean it has had a less-than-perfect life, just that I'd look harder.

True... I'm a bit old-fashioned and like the older cars. May have a look at a ratty E28 this week...  :)

The E39 - I'm not a fan of the 19s on that one. It raises suspicions (for me) regarding how the owner regarded ownership - 18s, OK. 19s are too big.

This doesn't mean it has had a less-than-perfect life, just that I'd look harder.

Used the same theory when I looked at my 540i "it's on bmw 17's it's good!"

However I would trade up the 17's for a set of 19's any day :) mmm on a better thought maybe 18's would be be more suited.. Will weigh it up when It's time to purchase new rims. It's on the to do list along with everything else...

Used the same theory when I looked at my 540i "it's on bmw 17's it's good!"

However I would trade up the 17's for a set of 19's any day :) mmm on a better thought maybe 18's would be be more suited.. Will weigh it up when It's time to purchase new rims. It's on the to do list along with everything else...

New rims tends to coincide with replacement tyres being required!

Good 19s may look fine, but 18s will ride better.

19" rims on older vehicles = "I wear my cap backwards........" :rolleyes:;):)

I sincerely doubt Amber-Leigh would do that!

• Like 1

I sincerely doubt Amber-Leigh would do that!

Haha! That would be a good laugh, I must admit.

I love a nice looking set of rims on a car, for me it gives a big draw to it. But after googling and comparing the sizes, I think 18 will do just fine, but until then I will clean up my current ones (paint peeling etc)

Plus I have brand new tyres on mine.. Might be a while then (or I could sell current..?)

Cant see any bargain there either.

He'll either get an idiot or a reality check.

Sorry, thought it could be helpful for someone. Plus an asking price is not generally what you offer - if I offered $3500 and it got accepted, well then it does potentially become a bargain, or is that still a rip to you guys?

Cheapest part of v8 e39 ownership is usually the purchase price.

Cant help but agree with you there...