Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Christchurch Floods

Saw a drowned Mercedes on the way to work.

I had to drive through water almost as deep, but made it somehow..

post-2023-0-35170900-1393997261.jpg

f**k that, didnt realise it was that bad. so thats what the chick in the call center i was just talking to was on about

Is that fitz going from bealy to kilmore? I came down hills road this morning which shoulda been closed. Had water coming in under the door on the passenger side

Is that fitz going from bealy to kilmore? I came down hills road this morning which shoulda been closed. Had water coming in under the door on the passenger side

Yeah, I think it was.. mmmm, wish i'd stayed home, 3 hours drive to work isn't cool, was almost out of fuel, had 3 km's of range left ont he OBC whenI finally got to a petrol station

My new car is waiting for me down in Chch. I half expected to get a call saying it was under water.

Watching the news this morning the water had subsided pretty quickly I see. Stuffed quite a few houses though.

Lot of the flooding happened on govt reclaimed land so just keep an eye out for the 'told you we should take it'. Somehow my place end up on an island of sorts with all the roads around my street 3inchs under.

The biggest problem I found was actually people driving like it was a sunny day sending waves up peoples driveways and over cars.

I was pretty suprised they didnt close the streets with noobs driving everywhere like they and everyone else sh*t is invisible.

The biggest problem I found was actually people driving like it was a sunny day sending waves up peoples driveways and over cars.

i can only imagine

I was pretty suprised they didnt close the streets with noobs driving everywhere like they and everyone else sh*t is invisible.

The closed some but not enough, soon enough IMO. Funnily enough, did not see a single cop car on the road. Would have thought they would have been out enforcing safe driving.