Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

E39 Diesel hotspots

Just wondering, where would you most likely find an '00 e39 diesel in Auckland? I have come across one in Blockhouse Bay road, but that is about it. I probably ought to keep scouring Greenlane and Remuera eh?

As for other spots in the country, Tauranga seems to have a high proportion of such vehicles, any particular locale I should keep an eye out for?

Getting rather envious of some folks on here getting vehicles for thousands below Trademe List.

Good luck in spotting one. They're are rare as rocking horse sh*t. I've never seen one in the flesh, only on TradeMe and that was with the yucky 2.9 litre motor.

Was going to say its not that expensive, but that was before i noticed he is trying to pass it off as an M-sport.

That's E60 530D money.

Bound to be another E60 530D M show up sometime soon.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-716987480.htm why did it have to be at a dealer.... why does it have an M badge. why is it so fecking expensive?

It's a 2.9 Why are they all advertising them as 3.0? There's a pre f/l 330d with the 2.9 motor advertised as a 3.0 The 3.0 is a miles better engine.

Most engine sizes are "rounded" up, very few if any are exactly 2ltr or 3ltr, etc. normally something like 1979cc is called a 2ltr, 2997cc rounded to 3ltr.

The earlier diesels were something like 2949cc which still gets rounded up to 3ltr same as the later 2979cc engines.

Most engine sizes are "rounded" up, very few if any are exactly 2ltr or 3ltr, etc. normally something like 1979cc is called a 2ltr, 2997cc rounded to 3ltr.

The earlier diesels were something like 2949cc which still gets rounded up to 3ltr same as the later 2979cc engines.

Yup but two different engines. The early X5, 530d, 330d, Range Rovers e.t.c were 2926cc

very rare cars, i think i have only seen three or four on TM

Edited by kiwi535