Sign in to follow this  
qwertyk1d

WTB: M Spec Gear Knob

After something along these lines. 5 speed to suit an E30 (though I think they're universal). Anyone got a spare or even just a non m spec 5 speed knob in good/perfect condition.

e46_320_ci_26.jpg

I got mine from ebay, pretty cheap, looks good, fits perfectly, lights up. only took a week or so to arrive from Hong Kong.

Not really after an illuminated one and they're pretty expensive on ebay! Not looking to spend too much.

$85 usd excl shipping? Surely someone would have one lying around or even just standard gear knob?

i have a standard one here.

i will be getting a ZHP one when i do my manual swap (one of these weekends....???)

what do you want to pay? can bring it to you next weekend if you are in Auckland (please update your profile with location!!!!!!!!!!)

Condition? Do you have an example of what it looks like? No doubt it'll look better than the shitty supercheapauto one I have now.. Im on the North Shore.

Edited by Skeet

The ZHPs are desirable due to them being smaller and heavier. From a Dealer here they around $200 IIRC. They're quite desirable due to the size and weight, haven't seen any come up for sale.

I have been looking at a ZHP knob as well. If anyone is getting one I am keen to piggyback for an extra one and split the shipping.

Ive been meaning to buy a ZHP too, but the shipping keeps killing it. The prices online are far cheaper than what i have been quoted locally ($185+gst) but shipping is still painful.

Isnt shipping only like 30 usd? I got 2 in for like $250.

I just got ZHP from the US, $89 for the knob and shipping was $11. I didn't think that was bad? However I don't squeak when I walk.

• Like 2

I just got ZHP from the US, $89 for the knob and shipping was $11. I didn't think that was bad? However I don't squeak when I walk.

When im throwing money at my car hand over fist, a new gearknob isnt really high priority when its purely cosmetic and my OE one is still tidy.

Also, this was one of the cheapest i could find on ebay from a trusted seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-e36-e46-3-series-M-ZHP-weighted-5-speed-Leather-shift-knob-/351049330839?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51bc2bb097&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

$90NZD + $35NZD shipping.

Im sorry we arent all as baller as you are.

Edited by KwS

I would not refer to myself as 'baller'? Because I thought $11 was reasonable to ship a gear knob here from the US, it certainly wasn't the deal breaker. I got mine from socalmotorsport on ebay, I messaged them for a shipping quote and took the cheapest option, it was tracked and was delivered within 8 days

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350289878461

I hope this helps