Sign in to follow this  
allan

Sharkfest

Wish we had events like that. Bimmerfest was a week or two back also. Huge numbers attend from all over the country. We have trouble getting people to cross the harbor bridge :S

• Like 1

I think people in NZ have the mentality that they must have either a mint original car or heavily modded car to turn up to these meets. Sure they are the head turners and people will leave talking about them, but its not just about the cars which I think gets lost.

• Like 1

We were thinking about running something similar. But yea, sitting in the realms of professional events territory.

I have run such events successfully in the past and have the contacts to pull it off. Its just a time thing, and getting a solid crew of people behind me to get it underway.

• Like 1

Reckon I'd be a contender for the biggest POS award :ph34r: Still sounds like fun though! :)

Bimmerfest was this weekend just passed.

I intend to go next year if anyone is keen

Bit clueless here, But can anyone tell me what Bimmerfest is?

yep its also a massive US forum on which i am a moderator etc over there. its all segmented into chassis type etc which are like a forum in themselves.

Im really there for a community. great bunch of guys etc. The E34 section (which isn't even an enthusiast chassis) itself is bigger than the whole of bimmersport combined. So you can imagine what E30, E36 etc are like.