Sign in to follow this  
atlantiskiwi

Wife took the M3 for a drive this arvo

She actually drive quite well!

post-17746-0-07788600-1401520029_thumb.j

post-17746-0-97135800-1401520085_thumb.j

Edited by atlantiskiwi
  • Like 2

You know what they say...nice wife.....great bloke!....ok maybe it's just me who says that.

I know, it has a new windscreen and that's where they put it. Any idea where to get a good reg sticker from?

Nice wife! :-)

Who slapped the rego sticker in the middle of the windscreen though?

Lol. Oddly I found blank ones with no printing on and a very small border when I renewed my parking permit at auckland council. I grabbed a couple for my rego too.

Cool. I'm at the Auckland council all the time for work. I'll grab some next week.

sh*t you got her to drive, Chloe wont come near my car haha

I told her it wasn't an option. I'll have her on the track in no time!

sh*t you got her to drive, Chloe wont come near my car haha

Well your car and wife both look lovely!

Word, Big ups on winning at life.

My wife has worked her way up to being able to take the e30 out when I have e39. She passed parking and mag curbing classes well. :) She loves taking it out when going to lunch with her girl friends etc haha.

PS very nice car man, looks like a really well maintained BMW individual spec car?

• Like 1

Smart move keeping the wife happy and behind the wheel of a BMW. Makes life a lot easier when looking for new projects.

• Like 2

Cheers guys!! Yes she is amazing and I remind myself of it everyday....

I am very happy with the car. Having looked for nearly 12months and basically giving up I was pretty stoked to buy what I did for the price I paid!

My biggest issue now is deciding whether to keep the 530i or not. I Love it and it's so tidy that I would struggle to ever replace it. However, it's a lot of car just to have sitting around.

Cheers. It seem to have been looked after. All original and has full service history (every stamp in the book)

It's got a small hesitation at 2000rpm which I hoping is just a coil, lead or plug. If anyone has a diagnostics unit I could use, let me know. Of course I will pay for the honour!

My wife has worked her way up to being able to take the e30 out when I have e39. She passed parking and mag curbing classes well. :) She loves taking it out when going to lunch with her girl friends etc haha.

PS very nice car man, looks like a really well maintained BMW individual spec car?

what does your wife drive? you could offload her car and have a bmw only family!

PS: well done at winning @ life for sure.

Edited by handgrenade
  • Like 1

what does your wife drive? you could offload her car and have a bmw only family!

This, its what we did. And many others on bimmersport.

• Like 3

This, its what we did. And many others on bimmersport.

+1

My mrs has been driving the 540i this week while im.away because she likes the seat heaters

Haha, she is driving it at the moment. But she only drives from Mission Bay to Remuera. Just seems such a waste. I was thinking of getting her a 320 msport.

I'll see how another month goes.

Haha, she is driving it at the moment. But she only drives from Mission Bay to Remuera. Just seems such a waste. I was thinking of getting her a 320 msport.

I'll see how another month goes.

Are you talking E36 320i??? in real life driving, you're best with either the 328i, or a 318i (or 318is, especially). The 320i is not really any more economical than the 328i - sometimes they're actually hungrier, but you'll have better resale on the 328i. The 318is might actually be a better performer for daily driving too.

Something to look into anyway.

Hey mate. Good points and I agree. Mum had a 98 320i E36 back in the day and it ran at about 11-12l/100. I can't imagine a 328 would be any more..

But I am talking E90

Are you talking E36 320i??? in real life driving, you're best with either the 328i, or a 318i (or 318is, especially). The 320i is not really any more economical than the 328i - sometimes they're actually hungrier, but you'll have better resale on the 328i. The 318is might actually be a better performer for daily driving too.

Something to look into anyway.

Edited by atlantiskiwi

Mine hesitates at about 2k also... Usually just below, ~1700. I always thought it was a VANOS issue as mine is getting a little bit noisy, but I'm sure I read that yours has had its VANOS replaced?

Speaking of which, you've done wonderful things with love and polish - That colour really has come up a treat.

• Like 1

Wife likes her 328i. Reckons it has safe overtaking power.

I'd go with a bit more power so you don't get a shock when you drive her car and her in yours.

Get rid of her car & put her in the 530i. Good amount of grunt for a DD, and built unbelievably well. Ours returns 11.5l/100 urban, exceptional given it's bloody close to 2 tonnes worth of stationwagon.

Nice job on the M3 too, one of my bucket list cars!

just go ask the dealers they give them out for free usually