Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Here's my Ethirtysex

Okay, I have kept you all in the dark quite a bit, But I finally got everything sorted the way I wanted, I am yet to give it a good wash and wax. But here's my Ethirtysex, MoJo, Yes thats what I called the car you dodos :rolleyes: why do you think I had that username? :)

post-51207-0-11803200-1401683969_thumb.j

post-51207-0-76732100-1401684016_thumb.j

post-51207-0-94537400-1401687406_thumb.j

post-51207-0-30997200-1401687416_thumb.j

post-51207-0-10730900-1401687423_thumb.j

- 3.64 LSD

- M50 Manifold mod with a proper kit

- Remus Exhaust with Single Resonator

- X Brace and Top Strut Bar

- 17" BBS RS in Gloss Alpine White

- Lowered and new SACHS Suspension all Around

- De baffled Air box with Drop in recharged K&N filter & brake duct mod

- Custom Lip/Splitters on Mtec Bumper (Also got something in work for the rear)

Most of the interior was redone by the previous owner and then I just did a little bit work myself, So far I have replaced most of the sensors, spark plugs, oil, rocker cover gasket and other minor gasket/o ring/leak locations vice versa. According to the VIN the Car was factory M equipped with the Mtech suspension. It also came with DLR/Angle Eyes, m/// moldings all around which I also suspect the previous owner had placed along with the rear Motorsports badge which I think is okay for now.

The Wheels had some Curbing so I ended up having them fixed and painted by Steve @ Steve's Panel and Paint, hes got some really good prices and is only about 40Km's off up north to Whangarei. With the car and all this I have spent total upwards of 8K. I also had bought M3 cams and what not to install in the car but decided I like it as it is, enough grunt and fun to drive.The car was originally mostly taken care of by BM Workshop at Botany, Although I like doing business with Ray @ Hell BM better since I bought my Xbrace from him.

The XBrace and exhaust was done from by Kamo Muffler Center, Its a Good local family shop that has been in business for nearly 30 years now.

post-51207-0-77166700-1401684006_thumb.j

Martin was a really helpful guy who did it for a song and most people know him in town for including Allan who refereed me to him initially.

post-51207-0-03911400-1401683981_thumb.j

post-51207-0-04300900-1401684003_thumb.j

The X brace I got from Ray was a bit bent but we manged to put it right up. My car already had the holes on the sub frame (late 1995) So we used bolts and nuts laying around the shop instead of nutserts, what we did was used magnets to insert the 4 studs through the sub frame and and they came out fine.

post-51207-0-63871900-1401683986_thumb.j

then just bolted them down to torque and then some spot welds to make sure they didn't come off. And gridded the extra so it doesn't scrape. I think this is a better and more simpler solution then using Nutserts. Car originally didn't have any factory bars there, only one that held on to the transmission, with the Xbrace now it feels a lot more stiff when handling :D

post-51207-0-98908100-1401683993_thumb.j

Best car this 20 something year old kid has had, thanks to all of you here for all the help and support. :)

• Like 1

Looks good as! Just brought a x brace for the m3 and might go your way in installing it

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, appreciate all your comments.

funny this thread didn't take off like the other ones that had just as many views (260+) so I am pretty sure almost everybody whos a regular here has seen my car, but only a few came out, makes me feel quite unwelcome here.. :unsure: Dont be shy due previous history, leave me a line and say hello if you see me in Auckland, Northland, Hamilton & Christchurch. ;) Thanks again :)

Haha, dont be offended by a lack of replies. I dont know about others but i tend not to reply to a thread if its just to say "sweet car bro" as thats a waste of time.

In saying that, sweet car bro. Looks good on those wheels, but i dont envy having to keep white mesh wheels clean! Looks like its in good condition and had a bit of good work done to it. Much want for your Remus, very nice exhaust.

Haha, dont be offended by a lack of replies. I dont know about others but i tend not to reply to a thread if its just to say "sweet car bro" as thats a waste of time.

In saying that, sweet car bro. Looks good on those wheels, but i dont envy having to keep white mesh wheels clean! Looks like its in good condition and had a bit of good work done to it. Much want for your Remus, very nice exhaust.

hehe..I haven't cleaned my car or the wheels yet, Steve mentioned the same issue with wheels getting dirty too fast, so he suggested to go with Gloss white that way they look and stay cleaner and you dont clean them too often, I had the option of going matte/satin white for half the cost but it would had lookd bad too fast so went with these.

Don't be sad, we didn't all realise you were so sensitive!

Did you do the brake duct intake mod? More info?

hey dave, yea I forgot to mention that I upgraded the front brakes & rotors too. Did the brake duct mod, I cut a small flap that directs air up and then used 2 zip ties with a holes drilled to each side on and of the flaps to keep it in place. will take photos when I replace my bumper carrier.

Looking good... Maybe a slight drop to set it off? Always good to have another e36 around.

• Like 1

Lower it more in the front, replace the rusty number plate screws and replace the front lip and then it wil be a nice looking coupe :)

Lower it more in the front, replace the rusty number plate screws and replace the front lip and then it wil be a nice looking coupe :)

This^^...... damn BMW's and there uneven wheel arch heights it really grates my OCD :P

Thanks fellas, appreciate all your comments.

funny this thread didn't take off like the other ones that had just as many views (260+) so I am pretty sure almost everybody whos a regular here has seen my car, but only a few came out, makes me feel quite unwelcome here.. :unsure: Dont be shy due previous history, leave me a line and say hello if you see me in Auckland, Northland, Hamilton & Christchurch. ;) Thanks again :)

nice ride the main thing its done to your approval not others that's what counts, ive done post's before and gotten bugger all response thus i don't bother

keep it up dude be proud

I'm trying to buy one of these from a workmate who's going to live overseas. I've always loved these cars and wouldn't mind having one to keep my 740i company in the garage.

Love yours in the blue. Looking forward to more updates as you do more work.

Cool car.